Halloscream | Teen Ink

Halloscream

By hctoplissrobertson01 BRONZE, Dacono, Colorado
hctoplissrobertson01 BRONZE, Dacono, Colorado

We begin our story in 1985 on Halloween day, in Edmond Oklahoma. A beautiful young lady named Grace Warner and Her friends Will Macc and Jenny Lee are in the midst of planning their night, because tonight's the night that Grace and her friends are allowed to go trick or treating by themselves. But sadly they have to wait until two thirty when they get released from the prison they like to call being a sixth grader. “ Being a sixth grader is like being a troll” said Will. “ew a troll! Why a troll?” said Jenny as she sat eating her low fat vanilla yogurt. “ Because Jenny all of the older kids think we are pests, small little pest that can prove themselves to be one of them next year !” Blurted out Grace as she sat eating her turkey sandwich. The group of friends just sat there in silence realizing that what Grace just said was true, and there was no way to change that ,or maybe there was. “ Wait! I have an idea!” Screamed Grace as everyone looked at her from around the cafeteria. “ shhhhhh” said all of the people in the cafeteria. Grace waited patiently as everyone had soon continued to their own personal conversations, and then she spoke. “ i have and idea that could make us legendary!” Grace preached. “ Well don't keep us waiting what is it you knucklehead” said Will. “ We are going to go and sneak into Ms. Wilson's house” said Grace proudly that this idea might work, if only she could get her friends to join her in her legendary idea. “ What !” said Jenny and Will at the same time. “There is no way you will get me to go and sneak into that death trap on a house on Halloween night.” screeched Jenny with fear. “ Have not heard of the time Blake Weber went to Ms. Wilson's last Halloween.” Will said squeamishly with fear. “ no i thought that he had just moved New York because of his father's new job.”said Grace confused by what might be the truth. “ That is because she took him and baked him into delicious treats.”said Will. “RING” the bell rang to send all of the students back to class for the last hour before it will be two thirty and school will be over.
As soon as School had ended the group of friends decided that they were going to meet at Grace’s house and plan their journey to become the legendary sixth graders. Later that night at Grace’s house The children suited up in their customized costumes As the three musketeers.They wore navy blue slacks with a with white t-shirt and a navy blue jacket as well as a huge hat with a big black feather on the top. “Kids it time to go trick or treating!” Grace’s mother said. “Alright it’s time to go get candy guys lets go. It’s finally our time to go by ourselves.” Will said excitedly but still a little bit nervous for what might occur tonight. As the children stepped out of the the big glass framed door one by one they soon found out that there nigh would for sure be legendary. But in a good or bad way they could not decipher. They stepped with pride down the sidewalk approaching their first house of the night. The sky was lit but slowly appearing to lose its light as the sun had soon gone to rest. The moon has suddenly appeared as a glowing bright silvery ball in the sky. “ Hey guy would you look at that ! The moon, it’s full you know what that means.” Will said in a sing song voice walking along the sidewalk with his friends. “ Of course i know what that means!” Grace said excitedly. “What does that mean?” Jenny said still shaking and whimpering because she was frightened. “ It means that tonight is the night that we the small little sixth graders will become legends for doing something that everyone else is too scared to do Jenny!” “ Oh, well guys i don't think we should be doing this, You know it not that bad being a small sixth grader who is not noticed that much.”Jenny said with fear in her voice. “Oh Jenny you’ll be fine, plus who doesn't want to be popular!” grace said will curiosity in her voice. The group of friends walked along for a few more hours stopping at each house on the block until they got to the next block. The  group of friends continued to proceed to some more houses on the block. What the group of friends  did not realize, was that they were on the block where Ms. Wilson had lived. The evil Ms. Wilson had taken children who had dared to come to her home. No one had really ever found out what had happened to the brave children you dared to go to Ms. Wilson's house. But to tonight Grace and her friends were going to be then next who dared to step upon her house. Grace and her friends still walking screeched with a hult because they had stepped upon Ms. Wilsons home. Will raced to the door to look inside the window, but as soon as he had stepped onto Ms.Wilson’s porch he had fallen through a trap door. Both Of the girls had screamed because they were now frightened. “ Jenny we have to save him or who knows what awful things could happen to him!” Grace said tearing up. “ Okay i guess it's to save Will.” Jenny said with a shaky voice. Grace held hands slowly walking up to the porch and stepped together on the first step. And slowly continued up each step, being very careful for what might happen next. As the get to the top of the porch stair case they separate their hand and look in the opposite windows to see if the coast is clear. Soon Jenny starts to scream and the sound of breaking glass fills the air,  Grace looks over but Jenny is gone.  Grace looks into to window once more and she sees bright green eyes and gray long hair. She starts to fall through the trapDoor. “AHHHH!” Grace screamed as she shot up. She found that she was in her bed. “It was all just a dream? “ grace said with relief.