Trip on My Plane | Teen Ink

Trip on My Plane

October 21, 2016
By Esmeralda1997 BRONZE, Compton, California
Esmeralda1997 BRONZE, Compton, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Waking up on a Saturday morning to a beautiful day, I realized how awesome it would be to travel with the best person. It’s a sister thing.

“I have decided to go to Brazil.”
“Let’s go!” said my sister Judith.
As we began to get our things together, we made plans.
“How are we going to get there?” asked Judith.
“Don’t worry,  leave that on me.”
When we walked out of the house,  my sister was surprised. “Oh my God, it’s an airplane! Are we going on that? Who’s going to fly it?” asked Judith.
I laughed. “I am, come on we’re going. I don’t know if you noticed but I’ve been taking flying lessons.”
Getting on the plane, I sat in the pilot’s seat and my sister sat next to me on the passenger seat. There were only two seats. I started the plane.
Going down the block, we started going up. Judith stared at me…
“Are you sure about this?” She was shocked. We finally made it up to the sky. I couldn’t believe it myself. After an hour of flying the plane, I noticed something was wrong. My sister started to worry… I started to worry.
“What’s going on?” asked Judith.
The plane started acting up. This was a mechanical type of thing. I started to panic when I noticed the plane was slowly going down.
As I looked down all I saw was water. We were in the middle of the ocean. My sister began to cry as she held onto the door tightly.
“Why, why is this happening, what’s going on?” said my sister, crying. I didn’t want to scare Judith. Death and drowning came to my mind.
Boom!
We both cried. We closed our eyes and held each other’s hands. Only thing we could hear was the water. I opened one eye and laughed.
“It’s a miracle!” said Judith.
Our plane was floating on the water with no one around. I felt scared but blessed at the same time for not sinking.
It started to get dark and we were still stuck in the middle of the ocean, sitting in the wreckage.
“I have no signal.”
“I have no signal either.”
“How are we going to contact someone if our phones have no signal.” said Judith.
It had gotten darker and late and no signs of no one to get help from…
“It’s raining!” cried my sister.
The plane started to move like crazy, thunder started to occur. It was horrible. It had hit midnight and the rain and thunder were getting worse. It was a thunderstorm. 
“I want to go home, this is horrible! Why?!” Judith looked at me…
It was Sunday morning and all we could hear was the water and birds. The thunderstorm was over.
“Do you think someone would come through here and help?” asked Judith.
“I don’t know, hopefully.” I replied.
Afternoon passed… No one to be around. Knowing that my sister is a person so impatient worries me. I should had never thought about this idea.
“Do you hear that?” asked Judith.
“Yes, what is it?
“I don’t know, look it’s over there!” said Judith all excited.
The sound started sounding closer…
As it got closer we noticed it was a boat. I got closer and closer. We waved and waved with a smile on our faces.
I was so excited I forgot about traveling.
“Look! It’s a boat!” said Judith.
It was a family of five that came our way and rescued us.