what has happened? | Teen Ink

what has happened?

By jackie.osorio BRONZE, Riverside, California
jackie.osorio BRONZE, Riverside, California

“AHHHHH STOP LET ME GO” I screamed. I panicked as the noise of a knife being sharpened.
A dark shadow coming closer to me, my heart skipped a beat once the knife softly touch my skin.
“STOP LET ME GO I’LL DO ANYTHING STOP!!!” I scream at the top of my lungs.
I woke up rapidly  my pulse increasing I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest.  I looked around my room and tugged on my sheets as I saw no one was around me. I layed back into bed and sighed. 
It was a cold day in mid November. I looked down my window and my neighbor gathering the hard brown and yellow leaves. I walked to my closet to pick out my clothes for today. I picked out my dark red flannel and black jeans.
“Hurry up Ivan you’ve been in there for eternity.” said mom.
I went down the stairs and the aroma of waffles rushed in. I sat down and ate breakfast I turned the TV on and saw the news anchor talk about a 5th murder this week that has happened. It was Amelia Vasquez she had gone to my school before her parents decided to send her to an all girls school.
“Wow 5th murder this week what a surprise. Cruel how they just found the bodies in a hiking trail and scare the crap out of people working out in the morning.” said dad standing up from the couch.
“How do you know the bodies were found they never said?” I asked with furrowed eyebrows.
“Ummm I uh I don’t remember must’ve read it in the newspaper. I think I don’t fully remember” he said looking down not making eye contact.
I just looked at him and just carried on with my day. I went to school and as I was looking for my friend Alex. I heared everyone talking about the Amelia Vasquez and who the murder was planning on killing next. Everyone is so dumb I swear why would they make fun of something that caused someone’s life I thought. I met up with Alex and of course he was talking about the death of Amelia.
“Can you please not be annoying like everyone else today about Amelia, people are dumb” I said in a serious voice.
“Are you hurt about her death I knew how much you loved her” said alex with a concerned voice.
“Yeah I just don’t know how someone could kill a such a  perfect nice human being someone has to be responsible there needs to be justice.” I said.
“Hey you know what we do? We should find the killer ourselves; but where should we look we don’t have the slightest clue where they might be.” alex said with a serious face.
“What thats crazy we cant look for a criminal especially if he is a murderer!’’ I said but deep inside I wanted to find him myself.
“Come on dude we could do it please youll be so happy to get some closure on why she was gone to soon.”
“Fine fine well do it but if they finds us your the first one that is going to get killed okay.”
“Deal but where should we start looking we dont even have a clue where to look.” he said with his thinking face on.
“Well my dad said the bodies were found by that old hiking trail we could look for clues there.” I said.
The bell rang signaling for us to go to class.
   “Okay I’ll meet you at your house at 6pm sharp okay?” alex said.
“Okay.” I said.

The day had seemed to go by faster today. I went home and just sat there thinking if I should really go out and look for the murderer. Should I really do this I don’t know I mean what if I die what if something happens to me I don’t know what to do, it I need more adventures. Soon enough I went to go meet up with alex.
“Hey I’m glad you could make it you ready to search for clues?” asked alex happily.
“Yeah lets just get this thing over with.” I said
We searched for an hour and we couldn’t find anything. It was absoultly ridiculose how we spent our friday night.
“Were not going to find anything alex come on lets go home let’s just let the police deal with this.” I said.
“ no no no I think I found something come over here.” said alex excitedly.
` “what is it?” I asked tired.
I went to go over to where alex was at. Once I saw alex I looked down at the wooded door on the ground  with shining light coming through the cracks of the door.
“We have found gold! Whooo hoo!!” alex said cheerfully.
“Yes we have  now hurry up and open it.” I responded.
We opened the door and went down. Once we were down there we couldn’t believe our eyes. We looked around and looked at every little detail on the wall. There were knifes axes, and blood all over the place. We had walked into a horror movie literally. We were excited that we finally had evidence but we were disturbed by the awful things we were seeing. Suddenly a storm had taken over me. I was looking at the wall and then everything became blurry I tried to call for alex but my body had  won me this time and everything went black. The weird thing is that  even tho everything went black I could still hear everything I just couldn’t see, talk, or be in control of my body.
“ AHHHH! Get off me me don’t touch me! NO NO NO!!! ”  heared alex yell.
Alex alex what’s going on what’s happening? Alex talk to me. Omg wake up Ivan wake up please. Why can’t I do anything? I tried to force myself awake but it was no use. After a few minutes everything had become really quiet. I slowly was able to open my eyes. I began to regain conscience. Once I regained fully conscience I opened my eyes and my eyes opened wide to what I had just saw. It was alex. Alex was laying in between my legs blood covering his neck and dripping down to his clothes. The thing that surprised me the most was that I was the one holding the knife out of his neck.
“Omg omg no no no no alex alex please wake up I didn’t mean to!” I cried
I couldn’t belive that i was such capable of such thing. I just stood there crying over my best friends dead body.  I didnt know what to do next. Should I call the police. I didn’t want to be the killer I dont know what to do I just sat there crying until I felt a hand on my shoulder and heared.
“It’s okay son its all going to be okay we’ve been through this before, go home and i’ll take care of the body. No one will find out ill protect you.” said dad. 

what inspired me to write this is that i always wanted to write something people can enjoy reading