Lost Mind | Teen Ink

Lost Mind

By sequaya12902 BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
sequaya12902 BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

It began with her running around. Just her enjoying the fact that life is so free for her. She was dealing with battles that not many of us knew but, she was always happy. She would normally run and run until her body got tired and she would sleep it off with just a clean smile on her face. She never messed with anyone and was never bothered by anyone, no one really knew why. Running just was her thing and no one knew why. One day she did her natural routine, wake up, find food, run, sleep, repeat. Only some days she’d really sit down and think of her current situation, with her mental health, she was currently struggling with depression and had currently got out of an abusive relationship. Her mind hasn’t been stable since then. She was living a life without color.

She grew up knowing places like the back of her hand, due to the fact that she basically lived there. There was no if’s, and’s or but’s about it, either you knew or you didn’t. Out here, it was life or death situations. In her favor, it seems as if she knew but, today was unusual. She found a letter next to where she was lying, she picked it up and first was confused, how did anybody even know where she was to get this to her? She then began to read the letter. “Think you’ve outsmarted me huh? I’ve been looking for you for years, I’ve finally found you. There’s no running or hiding now, I won’t attack now but someday, someday, you’ll think I forgot about this and that’s when I’ll come and it’ll be when you least expect it, when you’ll be taken off guard for sure. I watch your every move how you run, eat, and sleep all day. I’m here and always will be even if this picture says something different.” Below, a picture was attached, it seemed like she recognized her but, she could barely identify the girl. At the bottom of the picture it read “Missing”. The letter was also signed anonymous. Something that wasn’t clear to her, soon would be.

That’s when it hit her, this is her, she’s been missing. She was confused as how she’d gotten to this point. She felt as if she could only ask “Anonymous” what happened, but she didn’t  even know who that was. How was she going to find out this mysterious figure? She was no spy or anything but, she was mostly determined to find out who this individual was. Until she looked a little closer at the writing of the letter. It seemed as if there was a small note written, “I’ll always love you” it read. She only knew one person that said that. Remember how she runs repeatedly? Maybe that’s all she’s used to, which is probably the only thing that’s going to get her out of this wicked situation.

I've always loved writing, this was an assignment that was given to me by my creative writing teacher. I just hope that people get what this girl is going through.