Summoner's Rift | Teen Ink

Summoner's Rift

By BoExplode87 BRONZE, Dublin, California
BoExplode87 BRONZE, Dublin, California

Another day on Summoner’s Rift, two teams have a mission to destroy each other’s Nexus. Team 1 was formed by Blitzcrank, the Steam Golem, and his two friends, Warwick and Aurelion Sol. Warwick, the Blood Hunting Wolf, is able to hunt down any specimen as prey by smelling the scent of people’s blood. Aurelion Sol, the Star Forger Dragon, can use mini stars to deal damage to enemies. He also has three stars orbiting around him, which deal damage to enemies they hit. Their assignment is to destroy Team 2’s Nexus and claim victory. Team 2 wants to destroy Team 1’s Nexus and claim victory for themselves. Shyvana, the Half Dragon, can shoot fireballs, and transform into a dragon. She can wreck havoc on the battlefield by setting it on fire, zoning the enemies out. Her two allies, Zed and Ashe, agreed to help her be victorious in this battle. Zed, the Shadow Ninja, can throw out a shadow of himself, which can throw shurikens, or swap places with Zed himself. Ashe, the Queen of Freljord, wields an ice bow that shoots ice arrows. Together, the three of them challenge Team 1 to a battle to find out who is the stronger team.
Inside of Team 1’s base, they set up a plan. Blitzcrank decides to send one of them into the jungle and scout for the other team.
“One of us should find the other team, and figure out what they are planning.” he said.
Warwick spoke, “I think I should go, I can hunt them down if they are nearby.”
Blitzcrank turned towards Aurelion Sol for an agreement, Aurelion Sol nodded.
On the other side of the battlefield, Team 2 was discussing a plan as well. Zed wants to sneak around in the jungle using the shadows.
“I should use the shadows in the jungle to sneak up on them and gain information. Ashe you aren’t mobile, since you have to carry your bow and arrows, and Shyvana, you are too big to sneak around.” he pointed out.
Ashe responded, “That is true, I can’t run as fast carrying my bow. Also, you’re a trained ninja, you should go.”
The two of them look towards Shyvana, waiting for her decision. She thought about it for a while, then finally, she spoke.
“Alright, but don’t engage unless you see someone in there. We don’t want them to know that we have information.”
Both teams have sent one member into the jungle to gain intel on the other team. The jungle contains rocks that are as tall as 3 stories and jagged, bushes that break line of sight, and trees that they can climb to get a height advantage.
When both members of the two teams left for the jungle, it was getting dark. Zed used this to his advantage by hiding in the shadows. Little did he know, Warwick can hunt down anyone, in any situation, giving him the greater advantage.
While trudging through vines and mud, Warwick picked up the scent of Zed’s blood. He decided he should wait until Zed got closer to attack, because if Warwick had struck first, Zed could escape easily and inform the others.
“I can smell him getting closer and closer,” he whispered to himself, “but I can’t see him.”
Zed, being trained as a Shadow Ninja, can see well in the dark, and use the shadows to get around. After getting around the obstacles, Zed saw Warwick hiding next to one of the bushes.
“I got you now.” muttered Zed.
Quickly, before Warwick could smell him, he threw one of his shurikens. Warwick was fast enough to react, and got out of the projectile’s path. He used his legs and arms to quickly get to Zed, and slashed at him with his claws. Luckily, Zed’s armor prevented major damage, but one claw managed to slash his arm. He went into the shadows, buying time to heal up the wound before Warwick could use the blood’s scent to easily find Zed.
“I can smell you!” shouted Warwick.
Zed ignored him, and kept on wrapping up his wound with nearby vines. Warwick was near Zed when he finished, and Zed jumped out of the shadows to surprise Warwick. He threw 2 shurikens at Warwick, landing one of them. Warwick howled as he was hit, and took the shuriken out of his shoulder. The smell of his own blood blocked off the smell of Zed’s, so he wiped off the blood, and closed it.
Both of them were injured, and were getting weak, so they both ran back to their base. Warwick returned back, and quickly Blitzcrank helped close the wound.
“What happened?” exclaimed Blitzcrank
“I found Zed,” panting Warwick, “I got one hit on him, but a shuriken landed on my shoulder, so we both ran back.”
“So they had the same plan as us,” Aurelion Sol spoke, “good thing we stopped them.”
“Yeah, they probably are thinking the same thing.” said Blitzcrank.
In Team 2’s base, Zed returned quickly.
“I found Warwick, he landed a claw on my arm.”
“Damn, they stopped us,” Shyvana
Both teams rested to heal up their wounded members. While resting, both teams decided to go all out to defend their Nexus.
Tomorrow morning, everyone headed out towards the open. Once both teams saw each other, they got ready for a big fight. Blitzcrank got ready to pull someone, Warwick was prepared to run someone down, and Aurelion Sol was preparing stars for combat. On the other side, Shyvana had turned into a dragon to meet Aurelion Sol’s equal, Zed pulled out his shurikens, and Ashe aimed her bow.
Time passed, and Ashe had finally decided to draw the first attack, she shot an arrow towards Warwick, but Blitzcrank intercepted it with his steel fist. Aurelion Sol threw a star towards Shyvana, exploding in her face, giving BlItzcrank the chance to pull her towards him. He sent out his right hand to grab Shyvana, and once she was pulled towards him, Warwick slashed at her, causing injuries before she flew away towards her team. While they were attacking Shyvana, Zed ran into the shadows nowhere to be seen. Blitzcrank sent Warwick to find Zed, while Aurelion Sol and Blitzcrank stood ground here. Aurelion Sol threw another star, this time towards Ashe, but Ashe shot it with an arrow and it exploded in the middle of the flight. Ashe shot a barrage of arrows towards Blitzcrank since he wasn’t mobile, but most of the ice arrows that landed broke with contact of his steel surface. She quickly changed target onto Aurelion Sol, landing a couple onto his body. He used his celestial powers to heal up the wound, but tried to avoid fighting to rest a little.
While that fight was happening, Warwick was hunting down Zed. He could smell Zed near, and when he got close enough, Zed jumped out of a shadow and threw two shurikens, landing one. The shuriken hit Warwick in his right leg, disabling him from running to Zed. He took out the shuriken, and tried to focus on getting Zed. Zed picked up his shuriken, that he missed, and threw it towards Warwick’s arm, landing it with precision. Warwick howled, and ran back to his team.
Warwick arrived back to his team, injured heavily. Blitzcrank knew that Zed was going to pop out of the shadows, so he got ready to pull Zed when he did. When the moment came, Zed came from a shadow of a tree, and Blitzcrank launched his right hand, landing the pull. He smacked Zed, with anger, with his steel fists. Zed retreated back to the shadows, and back to his team. With just Ashe, and her ice arrows, she rendered useless against the Steel Golem. Ashe realized that she couldn't do anything, so her team surrendered to Team 1. Blitzcrank helped Warwick and Aurelion Sol, and together they claimed victory by defeating Team 2, and destroying their Nexus.