The Hunted This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It is unusually damp tonight. The air is hazy, and masks the shadows moving with the trees. Beneath the muck and leaves that are sprawled across the ground, the area is alive with predators and prey. The feeling of anxiety collides with the felling of the cool breeze. It is so quiet, and the fall of the sun has just begun. My breath dances in the air and beads of perpiration roll off the tip of my tongue. I can feel them closing in as they gather more speed closer to my location. I slap my arm in pain, feeling the sharp ping of a dart. The world spins around me and I watch it disappear into the moonlight.

Peter0310 said...
yesterday at 8:16 pm
If anyone can help by giving advice to make better stories in the future it would help me more than you can imagine. Thanks guys :)
Lord.of.WordsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 5:54 pm
This comment isn't directed at this story in particular, but I found that varying your sentence lengths can add either tension (if you use short sentences), or a sense of tranquility (if they are very long and descriptive). Hope it helps :P