Skull Island | Teen Ink

Skull Island

People always talk about the unknown and places humans have no record of visiting.  In Westchester, N.Y there was a large town called Bedford.  There was a lot of talk about this local Fox Lane teacher whose name was Ms.LePage.  Most people thought she seemed kind’ve odd and her actions added on to that story.  Ms.LePage had a particular plan to change the idea of humans not visiting certain places by using her own students.  Ms. LePage only had one class left because all of her classes mysteriously disappeared throughout the school year!  Ms. LePage had a strange reputation that could possibly be a myth, but she is said to have the ability to evaporate students with her eyes.  This meant that you had to prevent her from getting angry and obviously the other classes failed to do that.  Since they were all 4th quarter seniors she was a lot more tolerant than she was with her previous classes. She decided that they should all take a senior trip to a place none of them had ever heard, expect Jamal.  He was a bright student that knew a lot about things most people didn’t know.  So right after Ms. LePage said, “... Skull Island,” Jamal blurted out, “ Oh yeah, that's the place that is supposedly deserted due to the overrule of The Great One.” 

Ms. LePage quickly replied  , “ The Great One… Where did you hear that?” Jamal explained how he had done some research on Skull Island after stumbling across its name in an old book found in the back of the library.  The Librarian said he had to place the book back in its place so it would stay sacred to its owner and when asked the Librarian would not reveal the identity of the owner.  This made Jamal and his classmates even more curious as to what this island was all about.

It was Friday and the trip was scheduled to be after school.  Once the final bell rang all of the students in Ms. LePage’s class ran to the meeting spot at the senior parking lot.  There was a coach bus parked close to the sidewalk but before everyone got on Ms. LePage had to count people off by calling their names.  Anxiously waiting to get a good seat on the bus, all of the students were appalled when Ms. LePage called Adrian first.  He was going to get the best seat and no one could complain or whine unless they wanted to be turned into ash by Ms. LePage.  As the rest of the students were called to get on the bus, Ms. LePage realized that she had to wait for the adult chaperones to arrive, both of which were Max’s parents.  Suddenly, speeding around the curb, came a white Camaro.  The driver swerved into a parking spot and both front doors quickly swung open.  Mr. and Mrs. Grozovsky came running over to the bus with multiple pieces of luggage.  They greeted their son briefly before Ms. LePage made the announcement that they would be chaperoning on the trip.  Everyone seemed to slightly sigh without making it noticeable to Max because he usually spotted and criticized anyone that was against him.  The students didn't know much about Max’s parents, but they figured they wouldn’t be much different from their child. 

The coach bus driver started the engine and they set off for the airport.  The students were scheduled to board a plane at Laguardia but the immense traffic on the way was holding the bus up.  Alan yelled, “ WE ARE GOING TO MISS OUR FLIGHT!!!” This seemed to have sparked something in the bus driver's head as he floored it down a side street.  It was a shortcut that he had picked up over the years and he knew it would get everyone to the airport in time. A few minutes passed and the brakes came to a screeching hault.  The doors of the bus flew open and Ms. LePage motioned for all of her students to exit the bus.  Everyone was groggy so it was tough to get up but they knew they had to rush to get onto the plane.  Everyone grabbed their bags and stumbled down the stairs of the bus.  Once all of the students were in the airport, Ms. LePage told them to go to the flight advisory screen.  Max’s parents tried to accompany the class but Hannah stepped in to lead the way.  Ms. LePage and the chaperones were trailing behind in a very crowded area where everyone was in rush.  People were pushing, arguing and struggling to pull their luggage to where they needed to go.  Hannah wasn’t overwhelmed though as she said, “ As long as everyone stays close and pays attention to what's in front of them we will be fine.” Everyone began to lock arms and then started making their way through the long hallway.  A fight broke out halfway through the hallway and people started getting physical but all of the students seemed to have made it to the other side safely.  Alexia read the flight advisory screen and figured out where we had to go to board the plane but when she turned around to inform Ms. LePage she was nowhere to be found.  The students knew at this point that Ms. LePage had planned to leave them on their own all along.  Ms.LePage secretly worked for an organization of scientists who studied the capability of humans.  One test that the scientists were running was how long can humans survive and in what conditions?  Ms.LePage’s job required her to lure kids on to a plan that was set for Skull Island.  One of the tactics she used to get to the kids was becoming a teacher.  At Fox Lane she was able to teach the students and gain their trust before sending them off on their trip.  Now everyone truly realized what had happened to Ms.Lepage’s previous classes. 

The students were nervous and upset but Jason gave a speech to reassure them, “Come on guys, we made it this far so let's just finish what we came to do.”  After his speech Jason and everyone charged to the station where the Skull Island plane was going to depart.  They made it just in time, literally right before the plane was going to take off.  Everyone gave their tickets to the flight attendants and then found their seats. The plan wasn’t crowded at all because they were the only people attempting to even visit Skull Island.  Once everyone was seated Samantha and John both got up from their seats.  They had a long staredown before all of sudden, Samantha jumped over multiple seats and made her way for the bathroom.  John needed to go badly too so he started to sprint down the airplane aisle, knocking down lots of people’s soda and pretzels along the way.  Samantha was about to open the bathroom door but John came up behind her and pushed her out of the way.  He felt bad but he really had to go so it was for a good cause.  Once John finished his business he calmly opened the bathroom door and held it open for Samantha.  Samantha spit on John and pushed him out of the way before walking past him and into the bathroom.  About ten minutes after this petty feud all of the students were sound asleep.

Thomas woke up to the sound of an explosion and as he opened his eyes he felt a warm sensation take over his body.  Flames had broken out the plane began to damage very quickly.    Some people were waking up and panicking while others had already fallen out of the plane.  All of a sudden, the plane began to descend in burning flames all the way down to the ground.  The impact caused everyone that was still in the plane to hit their heads on the ceiling of the plane.  Joe, Jamal and Matt stumbled their way out of the plane.  Jamal was very dazed and confused but he managed to notice that surprisingly he wasn't injured at all.  Joe and Matt on the other hand had burn marks all over their forearms, plus Joe’s nose was broken and Matt had some broken ribs.  They all began to walk around and see what they could find from the plane wreck.  All of a sudden they noticed the pilot, motionless, hanging up in a burning tree.  Before Matt was able to let out a scream the rest of the students came out of the jungle running for their lives.  In the distance trees were falling and a loud roar was heard from in the jungle.  Out came King Kong, an enormous gorilla that killed anything and everything that stepped foot on Skull Island.  This was the reason people also called him The Great One.  Tallulah and Charlotte weren't as fast as everyone else so they fell behind.  King Kong gained speed as he locked on to his first two targets of the day.  The pounding of King Kong’s limbs on the ground caused Tallulah and Charlotte to stumble to the ground.  Jamal knew in order to save these girls lives he would have to think fast. Quickly he grabbed a coconut and chucked it at the ape’s head.  King Kong turned around and growled at Jamal before letting out a roar that could be heard all throughout the island.  All of the other students ran away and were hiding so King Kong wouldn’t find them.  Jamal started sprinting away from the beast and into the jungle where he had a plan to vanquish it.  He figured that King Kong wasn’t the brightest so he planned to trap the beast and then stab it with a part of the dismembered plane.  Hannah, Alexia and Max were well aware of the plan and they set up a cargo net under a pile of leaves to trap the beast.  Now all Jamal had to do was keep running and avoid the trap at the last second so the best would fall right into it. 

King Kong was only a couple of yards away from Jamal and the trap was coming up.  Jamal began to panic because the ape was almost in arms-reach of him.  Right before the beast was able to reach out and grab his meal Jamal jumped out of the way and the ground collapsed beneath the beast.  King Kong let out a screech of pain as Jamal shoved the sharp piece of metal into its skull.  It was done, the beast was vanquished and Skull Island was safe! Jamal and the others were surprised that the plan actually worked because of how big King Kong was.  Julia managed to get the attention of an overhead cargo plane that was on its way back to Bedford.  The students were grateful that the plane had even noticed them.  As the plane landed Sarah was crying with relief and said, “ Thank you god! Guys we are going to make it back home.”  Everyone happily ran on the plane and quickly strapped themselves in for safety.  About 3 hours later the cargo plane landed at Fox Lane.  The students made it back safely but they all still wondered where Ms. LePage had gone… She had never been seen again.