The Husky part 1 | Teen Ink

The Husky part 1

May 19, 2016
By MonaJones529 BRONZE, Provo, Utah
MonaJones529 BRONZE, Provo, Utah
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

The Husky walked through the street. She could smell something good. She followed the smell.
The smell came from a fancy restaurant that allowed no dogs. She didn't dare to go near after what had happened last time.
The chef chased her into the sewer.
She kept looking for food. Her stomach growled loudly. She decided to give up and go home.

She walked to the small abandoned alley. She curled up in her newspapers. She tried to remember her Mother.
Her eyes grew heavy and slowly drifted off to sleep.


She saw her Mother. Her fur was pretty and white, her eyes sparkled, her smile warmed her pups heart. Then, disaster struck. The Mother tried to protect her pup as best as she could.
They were surrounded. The last thing the pup remembered hearing from her Mother was,
"Run, Belle."

The husky pup woke up in shock. She could remember her name.
Belle.


Belle tried to remember what happened, but she couldn't. She whimpered softly. She decided to go clear her head and go for a walk.
She found a hot dog on the ground. A smile grew on her face. She gobbled down the hot dog like she hadn't eaten for a month. She continued walking.
She heard a car horn. She turned her head and saw a car. She tried to get away in time, but couldn't. She hit a wall, falling to the ground.
Her vision blurred and went dark.


Belle ran for her life. She didn't know why but she ran.
She heard a yip. She turned around to find her Mother motionless. She ran to her Mother and cried, trying to help her up. She didn't know she was dead.
Belle whined. The people who were chasing after her surrounded her.  She looked up and was terrified at what she saw.
Then, she finally realized that her Mother was dead. She didn't know what to do. Her mind told her to run but she stayed where she was, to terrified at what she was staring at.
A Wolf.

The wolf growled at Belle. Finally, Belle took action.
The wolf striked at her eye. Belle yelped in pain.
She quickly took her mind off it. She ran as far as her short puppy legs could go. The wolf never saw what he did to Belle, She never showed him her face.
But he did harm her. He attacked her left eye.

Belle woke up in a type of cave. She couldn't make out most of the details.
She saw someone. She couldn't see him well either.
"Who are you..?" she moaned.
"It's OK little one, you're safe now." the figure uttered. His voice was deep. He stepped forward.
He was a wolf. His fur was almost like Belle's. His smile calmed her, almost like her Mother's…
Belle squinted her eyes. "Do I know you..?" she asked.
"When you were a pup. But I would never forget my own daughter."
Belle gasped. "Daddy..?"
The wolf smiled. "Yes Belle, it's me."
Belle ran up to her Father and embraced him.
"I found you when that car hit you, are you OK?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'm OK. I just had a bad dream about Mommy…" Belle sighed, hanging her head. "I miss her." she whined.
"It's OK, Belle," he sighed. "I miss her too. (There is not a day that I don't think about her.) Go get some rest."
Belle went to the basket, curling up into a ball shape. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, thinking of her Mother.

Belle tossed and turned. Voices were in her head. The nightmare wouldn't stop.
Belle woke up in shock. Her Father lay asleep beside her. She couldn't go back to sleep, there was too much on her mind. So she just layer there.
When her Father woke up, Belle was sitting outside watching the sun. Her Father sat next to her.
"I couldn't sleep." she quickly uttered.
"We should go get some food." her Father sighed.
They were close to the Human Village, so they didn't need to go so far. As they walked, Belle felt like she was being watched.
Her Father took her to a new cake shop that just opened. He climbed into the dumpster to get her something, but when he came down, Belle wasn't there…

Belle's instincts were right, she was being watched. Someone was carrying her in their mouth (jaw).
She was taken to a dark cave. The thing that was carrying her plopped her on the floor. Belle knew she was in the presence of the wolves that killed her Mother.
"I brought the pup as you asked, Alpha." the wolf growled.
There was a chuckle. "Good. Bring her to me..." Another wolf uttered. He was in the shadows. His voice was dark, and deep.
The wolf carried Belle to the dark wolf.
The wolf showed his face. his fur was dark and grey. His teeth were sharp, he had a scar on his eye and his ear had a bite mark. He was Belle's definition of terrifying. Belle was more terrified that she had ever been.
The wolf smiled an evil grin. "You were only a new pup, last time I saw you." he growled.
Belle gulped. "you're the one who killed my Mommy..." She whimpered.
The wolves evil grin grew. "Yes, you remember me well..." He continued glaring. "Put her in the dungeon, I'll deal with her latter."
The wolf that was carrying her followed his order.

He took her to a deep hole in the floor.
She let out a grunt as she hit the floor. She curled up into a ball shape, trying to stay warm.
Belle heard the wolves talking about her.

"What are you going to do with her, Alpha?"
"For now, nothing. She is the bait. Soon, he will come. Then we strike."

The wolf was right. An hour later, someone broke in. Someone had snatched her out of the hole. She didn't know what was going on. She had her eyes shut tight 
"No, don't do it! Brother, please!" A voice said.
Belle felt something hot underneath her.
"Not one more step, Fang! Or she gets it!" Yelled Alpha.
"Let her go!"
Belle felt herself falling. Finally, she opened her eyes. There was fire underneath her. Her Father took action and caught her just in time. The wolves surrounded them. Belle shut her eyes to avoid watching the scene.

Belle found herself back at the cave. She sighed in relief.
"Daddy, who was that? she asked.
Her Father sighed, shaking his head.
"He's... your Uncle..."
"Why did he kill mommy?"
Her Father ignored the question. "Go get some sleep." he uttered.
Belle did not argue. She felt a bit tired anyway. She slowly climbed into her basket. Her eyes grew heavy. She slowly drifted off to sleep.
Her Father lay next to her, unable to sleep. He wished Alpha never mentioned his name. He wasn't Fang anymore. Not since the night of his wife's passing...

Belle woke up before the sun rose. She always loved to watch the sunrise. It was her way of greeting the day.
The sun rose past the mountain. It lit up the whole forest. (canyon) She had never seen such a beautiful sunrise. She stood amazed at how much beauty there was in front of her.
"Amazing isn't it?" her Father walked toward her.
"Its never been like this in the Human Village..."
Her Father stared at the sky. "You stay here, I'll get us some breakfast."
Belles stomach growled. Belle went inside. She found a little leaping bug to play with. A few hours passed and she continued pouncing on the bug.
Suddenly, an awful smell reached her nose. She looked outside and saw a black fog covering the sky. She couldn't find any light from the sun. She ignored it and continued pouncing on the bug.

"What have you done?! Belle can't get out of a fire!" her Father yelled.
Alpha glared. "Exactly, Fang!" he chuckled. "That's my plan!"
Belle's Father tried to go and save her, but alpha's pack held him down. He struggled, trying to break free.

Belle was surrounded by fire. She saw a small space that she could squeeze through. But there was more fire on the other side. She looked around, trying to figure a way out. She backed away, slowly.
A loud crack came behind her. (Belle jumped.) She quickly turned her head, finding another tree falling into the fire. She hardly had any space to move without burning herself. The fire crackled loudly.
Belle heard another tree branch. She looked up, finding it falling in her direction. She couldn't move without burning herself.
She found an opening big enough for her to jump through. She leaped right as the branch hit the ground. She landed, feeling burns through her fur and was completely sore. (does that sound right?) Belle panted, tiredly.
She heard something in the distance not to far from her. She hid between 2 rocks. It was one of the wolves from Alpha's pack. She ducked low, trying to stay hidden, until the wolf would leave.
Belle slowly limped out of her hiding spot, sighing in relief. She noticed sut on her fur, She was a mess. She didn't know where her Father was. She decided to go back into the human's town.

Belle walked into the alli. She noticed a box with old pillows and blankets. She also noticed a bowl of kibble. She knew kibble when she saw it. She gobbled down the kibble and drunk the water. She noticed a shadow growing on the ground. A human was glaring at her. She chased her out of the alli. Belle could tell she wasn't supposed to be there. She noticed her father in the forest. They ran up to each other. She climbed to his fur to know she was safe.
"I was so scared," she whimpered. "Daddy, I was so scared!"
Her father smiled. "I was too." He sighed.
Belle looked at him confused. "I was scared I was going to lose you. "
Belle thought for a moment. "Daddy," she asked. "Who's Fang?"
Belle's Father froze. "He's the one who really killed your Mother... Me..." He uttered.
Belle saw Fang in her head. He terrified her.
"But I didn't mean to."
Belle hung her head. "Why did you kill Mommy?" Belle uttered. Her Father still froze. "I was forced to... by Alpha..." he croaked, trying not to cry. "He told me he would hurt you if I didn't. But he tricked me..." Belle nuzzled against his fur. "I'm not leaving you alone ever again." He sighed. Belle heard something outside. A wolf walked into the cave. Belle hid behind her Father. The wolf smiled at her. Belle slowly came out of her hiding spot.
"You were only a pup when I last saw you." She sighed. Belle smiled. (shyly) She knew who she was.
Belle laid asleep in her basket. Her Father sat with the wolf.
"Thanks for coming, Clara." He uttered.
Clara smiled. "You know I love to see my niece. She reminds me of her Mother." Clara sighed.
They turned their heads to check on Belle, still sound asleep.
"If anything happens to me, I want you to take care of her." He sighed, hanging his head. "I'm probably not going to make it. Alpha might be done with me."
Clara looked at him. "Of course." She sighed.
"I'd better go ahead and go,"he sighed, getting up. "the sooner the better." He walked away.
"Be safe, Fang." Clara uttered.
Fang froze, at the name. But continued moving on.
Clara watched him walk into the distance.
"Auntie Clara?" Belle uttered.
Clara woke up, finding Belle in front of her.
"Yes Belle?" She mumbled.
"Where's Daddy? We always watch the sunrise together."
Clara looked outside. "Daddy's... getting us some breakfast." She fibbed.
"Oh..." she uttered. "Could you watch it with me?"
Clara smiled as she walked outside with Belle.
Belle sat outside. She stared at the forest.
"He's been gone for a long time now..." she uttered. Clara sat next to her. "He's not coming back, is he?"
Clara hung her head. "I'm not sure Sweetheart..." she uttered. "I'm sorry."
Belle hung her head.
"I'm going for a walk. Don't worry, I know a safe rout." She sighed. She walked outside, to the human village.
Belle rummaged through the dumpster behind the new Café. On her way home, she came across the alley she used to live in. A bowl of kibble sat there.
She felt something tight around her neck. It dragged her on the sidewalk. She saw a human holding a stick that was attached to her neck. She dragged her paws, trying to get away, but failed. She was dragged to a large scary building.
They threw her into a dark cold stone floor cage.
She was trapped. The cage door slammed shut. Belle hung her head.
She heard a door open. She turned her head and saw a little girl. She walked over to Belle's cage.
She smiled at her. Belle smiled back. The cage door opened and the girl picked her up. Belle licked her face. The little girl giggled.
"Hi, Belle." She smiled.
Belle knew the little girl. She took care of Belle when she was in the alli. Belle was happy with her, but not happy enough. She missed her family and the little girl knew it.
"I can't stand to see you like this, Belle." She uttered. She hugged Belle tight. "You need to go find them."
Belle looked at her.
"You can visit." she sighed. She took her to the edge of the forest.
Belle went to the cave, hoping to find her Aunt, but found her motionless on the floor.
Belle slowly walked toward her.
"Auntie Clara...?" She uttered.
No response.
Belle's eyes grew foggy. She closed her eyes and turned around, and walked away.
"Belle..."
Belle quickly turned around.
"I'm sorry..." Clara moaned.
"Auntie Clara, no..."Belle whined. "I'm all alone without you..." Belle butted her.
Clara smiled. "You'll never be alone. No matter what." Clara continued smiling. "You have your Mother's eyes..."
"Auntie Clara..."
Clara's eyes slowly closed shut. Belle felt empty inside. She gave a long grieving howl.
She turned around, with tears in her eyes and waited on the edge of the cliff. She was there after dark.
She looked at the full moon. There, in the cool evening breeze, she gave another grieving howl for her Father.
Her new home now, was the wild. No more life in the human village.
Her new life has begun.


The author's comments:

I have the second half writen but I am saving that for someother time.