Don't Ask me to Feel

By , seabrook, TX
Love is like a poison, stopping my heart. Like morphine it drips through my veins, and slows my hurt. Memories like raindrops ripple through my head. At once, they are both beautiful and bitter. They fill my soul with color and yet, tear my heart to pieces. I wish I could forget; I wish I could put you away forever. You were my sunshine, my addiction. You healed my broken spirit and left me feeling weightless, but I wanted more. For once in my life I wasn't afraid to want more. Then you had to go, and you tore the canvas of my heart until piece by piece, my soul was blank again. You saved me, but you condemned me to a fate worse than death. Now I am left empty. Tears run down my face thick as the blood flowing from my bleeding chest. It wouldn't stop; those things you made me feel. I tried to make it stop, but they flowed like water through the cracks in my heart. I wanted it to stop, anything to numb the pain. So I took it away. I cut away the pain. I held in my hands the reason for my hurt. The chunk of twisted soul I held in my hands still beat with an aching pulse. I couldn't let it stay. Why do I feel? So I put it away, my heart in a box beneath my bed. I don't need it anymore. Some days I open it, and there it beats, waiting for me. I can't do it. I can't feel without feeling you. I forget you now. The color of your eyes; the feel of your hand in mine. All I have to do is open that box and there you are. But I can't. So here I am, with my heart in a box. Going through life with morphine in my veins. I walk through blaring halls with a hole in my chest. All these people, but I am blind to them. I open my eyes and I see through memories. The ghosts of yesterday echo through those halls. I see you look at me, but this time I can't feel. You close those loving eyes and fade away from me. I close my empty eyes and fall; in my box my broken heart beats one last time'

never give up said...
amazing how you wrote this. It is almost like a poem, with so much descriptave language. So amazing and True! keep writing! :)

Little-Irish-Girl said...
Magical. I love the way you describe everything with such detail and feeling. You are an amazing writer and I can't wait to read more. I absolutely loved this piece. You are very talented.

alex_ruby said...
Bravo! I am new, but when I my pieces are approved check them out! I think that you will like them!

Miara said...
May 29, 2010 at 2:44 pm:
And sometimes the wind blows through the gaping hole where your heart was.  It stings as passes through you.

Joyful_angel said...
wow!!! that was amazing!!! i have felt that way before! plz keep writting~ u did awesome

shywriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 9:01 am:
That was amazing. It captured all the feelings perfectly. I've never technically been in that situation, but I did feel like this when i read 'New Moon' :P

Schubster said...
Captures the feeling immensly. Great job really connecting to the reader. :) i hope you keep writing

eternal*sunshine replied...
Sept. 8, 2009 at 12:29 pm :
Thanks so much! This is one of my better poems but I definitely enjoy getting feedback on all of them!

Cati K. said...
i KNOW the feeling. it was a fantabulous article!!!!

eternal*sunshine replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 2:20 pm :
Thanks so much! This is one of my better poems, I'd have to say.

Cati K. replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 2:40 pm :
definitally! (gosh, i cant spell!)

eternal*sunshine replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 10:03 pm :
Nobody can. That's why people invented spell check :)

Cati K. replied...
Sept. 8, 2009 at 10:35 am :
Good point, Good point!

Kimberley T. said...
Mar. 9, 2009 at 3:13 am:
That was good! Yeah, I know the feeling.

Angel F. replied...
Sept. 6, 2009 at 10:30 am :
Its funny how you feel the pain in your chest, even though the hurt is comming from your mind, I liked this story, very metaphoric

eternal*sunshine replied...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 12:23 pm :
Thanks. It really stresses that argument between physical and metaphorical hearts because when it hurts, it's a real ache that you feel in your chest.