A Tale Dark and Grimm | Teen Ink

A Tale Dark and Grimm

By Andreaaalopez12 BRONZE, Norridge, Illinois
Andreaaalopez12 BRONZE, Norridge, Illinois

A tale dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz is a fiction novel and it’s about this fairy tale that is twisted and not like other fairy tales this one is a bit unusual than the others. It takes place in a palace and they're these two kids named Hansel and Gretel  that have a tough life and went to spectacular experiences that a kid normally doesn't go through. Personally, I think it's a great book that everyone should read.
    This story is a fairy tale, it's not like any other ones this one is a bit unusual and you wouldn't expect what came next. Of course, you heard of Hansel and Gretel and the crazy baker lady who wants to eat them but have you heard when Gretel cuts off her finger to save seven birds. Before they were born their father had a servant named faithful johannes who sacrificed his life. The only way to bring him back was to cut of hansel and Gretel's heads and smear the blood on his body. Read the book to find out.
    One of the themes of this book would be, be happy with what you have. Also, the author’s craft that Adam Gidwitz uses would be using figurative languages to make the reader imagine or visualize the scene. There are many settings in the book Some of the setting are the kingdom of Grimm, the candy house, a small village, Lebenwald, Schwarzwald, the underworld, and the town of Wachsend. In A Tale Dark and Grimm is told in 3rd person. Some of the mood used in this book are scared, sadness, anger, and fear.
    A Tale Dark and Grimm is a really good book that I recommend you read because I really enjoyed it because it leaves you at the edge of your seat, it uses vivid wording for you can clearly imagine how the situation goes also because he makes the stories powerful and moving. The purpose of which the author wrote this story was to show the true side of the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel and he did exactly that. 
The book made a great impression on me because I usually think all the books I read are the same and dull but this one was more unexpected and mysterious and it's really good that when you read it you don't wanna stop reading it. I think Whoever wants to read it is gonna really enjoy it as I did and when you think something is gonna happen the complete opposite will because that how good the author made it that you won’t know what's coming next and that makes it more interesting.