Good Luck | Teen Ink

Good Luck

By Lucy_11 PLATINUM, Eagan, Minnesota
Lucy_11 PLATINUM, Eagan, Minnesota

Everyone is a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid

I wiped the tears away and and I see him staring at me from across the street. I knew he was there so why am I so surprised. Ever since he left he has always been there. Ever since he died. He is following me like a shadow. The only place you can escape a shadow is in the dark. How dark it is. All because of my job. I continue to walk down the street until I reach Manta’s bar and Grill on the corner of 70th St. and McAndrews Ave. I walk in the dark restaurant and I see exactly who I'm looking for the second I step through that door. The man from so long ago. I have not seen him in twenty years. The last time we saw each other we were being taken into separate police cars. Man that was a crazy night. I walk towards the booth and sit down across from him. He offers me a sip of his drink. I stir the drink with my finger. My nail polish instantly changes color.”Oh Peter, did you really think you could fool me?”. “You can’t poison me that easily.” He doesn’t respond to me but he does take out a briefcase and slides it across the table to me. I take it. He quietly leaves the restaurant and he thinks he got away from me. The tracker I put on his foot would like to disagree. He can not escape me. Good luck old friend hope you make it through the night.