The Light Reborn | Teen Ink

The Light Reborn

February 8, 2016
By MBC1215 BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee
MBC1215 BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant.It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."-Mewtwo:Pokemon movie #1


Light and Darkness.It is a never ending war between the creatures of Light,and the beasts of Darkness.This war has been going on since the beginning of creation it’s self.The battle has been of equal loss and victory for all of time.But now,Darkness is overcoming Light,engulfing it.Only certian beings are choosen to control Light,the primeval force of hope and prosperity,and concentrate it into a deadly weapon.In fact,normal humans havn’t noticed the imbalance of Light and Darkness.You can faintly see its work tearing apart the world.World War 2?The Darkness overtook innocent Adolfs mind and made him do that.The bubonic plague?That was the Darkness ripping apart the Light in your body,leaving only Darkness.The Egyptians were smart.They almost accurately described Light and Darkness.They used Ma’at and Isfet to represent Light and Darkness.Ra and Apophis and there endless fight for existence.But that is changing.Darkness is winning this fight.If Darkness wins,the universe is plunged into eternal suffering and death.But the Light has a new defender,one so powerful,he could expel the darkness for centuries.This is his story.

“Temeraire!!!”

“Get your butt up!!!”, Temeraire’s mom screamed.

“Ugh...ok”, Temeraire mumbled. Temeraire was not ready to get up at all, mainly because of what day it was that day.  It was his birthday today. He was finally going to be thirteen. Of course, Temeraire spent most of the night up,wondering what his mother was doing for his birthday.

“Why do I even need to get up right now? You said that the party was going to be later today.”

“You need to get up because not only did I tell you to Temeraire, but your friends are here as well.”

“Well,I guess I’ll get up.Can’t keep my friends waiting forever,”Temeraire thought to himself. He then took a quick shower,hastily got dressed,and walked out the door. To his surprise,he didn’t see his friends anywhere. This was quite strange for his friends,which almost always waited for him. As he called for his friends,he swore he heard a rustling from a bush that was up against the fence.” Since they won’t come to me,”he thought,”than I will come to them.”Temeraire snuck into his neighbor,Mr.Lance’s,yard. He knew that if he was caught,he would definitely be grounded for at least a week for going in his yard. Right as he was getting ready to vault the fence and surprise his friends,he felt a hand on his shoulder. Horrified,Temeraire slowly looked behind him. It was Mr.Lance! Temeraire started to worm himself out of Mr.Lance’s strangely strong grip.

“Let go of me!”Temeraire said.

“Ok,after you tell me why you are in my yard,Temeraire.”Mr.Lance said coolly,putting emphasis on Temeraire’s name.

“How do you know my name?!”Temeraire exclaimed.

“I know many things,”said Mr.Lance,”but that is not at all relevant.So again,why are you in my yard?”
Temeraire felt Mr.Lance tighten his grip even farther. He knew that he could not escape his grip.

“I was about to surprise my friends that are hiding behind the bush over the fence.”Temeraire explained.

“Well they don’t seem to friendly to me.Wait here.I think that bush has something really dangerous in it.”

“OK,THAT CROSSES THE LINE YOU CREEPY LUNATIC!!!”Temeraire whispered harshly.He did not know why he whispered,but he felt as if he truly was in danger.

“Silence.”,said Mr.Lance.For some reason,Temeraire couldn’t talk.Temeraire,outraged,tried to hit Mr.Lance,but couldn’t even touch him.Mr.Lance just simply hopped over the fence,not even trying,and a brilliant flash of light flashed from the bushes.

“Mr.Lance,what was that?!”Temeraire shouted,suddenly able to speak.

“What?!You SAW that?!”Mr.Lance exclaimed.

“Of course!How would anyone miss a flash of light so powerful that it is almost as bright as the sun?”

“Almost everyone in the universe…”Mr.Lance said quietly.

“Temeraire,we need to start your training now.”

“What training?!”

“You’ll figure out.”

                                                               To be continued…