Pennyweight | Teen Ink

Pennyweight

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

Look at these scars, on my body and on my mind. These are the constants that remain on my head,nothing can separate me from myself and all the memories I have. I'll never relive my past again. So don’t ever come at me like that again, I will show you the end the maker and the god you hold so close to your soul. Your loved ones have been taken from you. Your wife has left to seek the man of her dreams. I'm no stranger where demon's wake. I don't know what else I can give you, I don’t know what else you can take from me. I'll never relive my past again so don't ever come at me like that again, I am a bad man without a doubt. Look me in the eyes when you talk to me, you Have a problem with me? I am the one who keep you together and keep you alive through the pain and the Sacrifice. So take away the sorrow, and let me in again. Can you feel my heartbeat through the door, we live a life of the men in the mirror and in the past. We are like soldiers come home from war, we need the respect we deserve, we have fought for the rights we hold so dear. I'm so sorry that I was never there i'm sorry that I couldn’t be the one to hold your Hand when I went away. I cannot make the past seem like the nightmares in my head and make the pain go away. I cannot make the past go away, but my soul is in the present and in the present I want to make the things I did in the past I want them to go away. Just let me in. Just let me undo what I said what I did all those years ago. Please my dear, I ask for forgiveness, I come to you crawling on my knees and bitter and broken man. I hold my heart on the pail of life and surrender to you like I did all those years ago. Let me fix the broken, why won't you let me in. Outcome and persistence can change me but myself as a whole needs to be fixed.