Penguins and a Space-moose | Teen Ink

Penguins and a Space-moose

By ECM022020 BRONZE, Mason City, Iowa
ECM022020 BRONZE, Mason City, Iowa

One sunny day on Antarctica a group of three penguins were waddling along the ice. Their names were JJ, Dave, and Eli. They were best friends. All of the other penguins thought they were very wierd. But that was just because they were actually ninjas and no one knew. The three friends liked to swim in the ice cold water and perform tricks. Their favorite food was bananas and they all, except for Dave, liked apples. Dave didn’t like apples because one time, when he was a little baby penguin, an apple fell onto his little head and he cried. Then he went home and threw away all the apples he could find.
One day when the three friends were playing tic-tac-toe, a space-moose from Mars landed his rocket right on top of their house. The space-moose walked out of his rocket and said, “Was that your house? Sorry, I couldn’t see it there.” The penguins got upset and started to cry. The space-moose laughed and called them cry-babies. This made the penguins really mad. So they all decided to use their ninja moves and send this moose back to space. The space-moose didn’t know about the penguins plan until it was too late. The first penguin, JJ, ran up to the space-moose and ninja kicked him in the face. The space-moose meowed like a cat and kicked JJ.
The second penguin, Dave, snuck up behind the space-moose and hit him over the head with an apple. That time, the space-moose, mooed like a cow, and threw the apple back at Dave. The apple hit Dave on the head and he started crying. The space-moose turned around to walk back into his rocket but the door was locked. While JJ and Dave were fighting the space-moose, Eli took the keys from the space-moose and climbed into his rocket. The space-moose started banging on the windows of the rocket, but Eli wouldn’t open the door. JJ and Dave wanted to get in the rocket so the came up with a plan.
Dave got the space-moose’s attention by jumping up and down and waving a banana in the air. While the space-moose was distracted, Eli opened the rockets door and JJ climbed in. Eli started the engine and flew over to where Dave was jumping. JJ held out his arm for Dave to grab onto and JJ pulled Dave up and into the rocket. The space-moose didn’t know what to do about his rocket being stolen so he hit the self destruct button. The penguins didn’t know what was going on when the rocket started to fall. All three of the penguins were running around and screaming like crazy. Then they remembered that they were ninjas.
The three penguins jumped out of the plane and their ninja parachutes activated and they floated to the ground. The space-moose saw that and he realized that he had blown up his plane for nothing. This made the space-moose very sad. The penguins walked up to the crying space-moose and tried to think of ways to comfort him. Dave tried giving him a hug. That didn’t help. JJ offered him a banana. The space-moose didn’t even look up. When it was Eli’s turn to try something the other penguins discovered that Eli was gone! Then, from over a large hill, the three animals saw a penguin running towards them.
It was Eli. When Eli reached the others, he was completely out of breath. All Eli could do was hold out a little toy rocket. The space-moose saw that Eli had made him a new rocket and grinned. The space-moose accepted the rocket and used his space magic to fix the penguins house that his rocket had landed on. The penguins clapped and started dancing. The space-moose danced with them and they all were happy. The four of them had a space themed party and all of the penguins in Antarctica joined in.
So, the ninja penguins, the normal penguins, and a space-moose all became friends. But at the end of the day, the space-moose had to go back to Mars. The penguins were sad to see him leave but they all said goodbye with a smile. When they went to bed they knew that that day would be remembered by everyone forever.