How God Helped Me | Teen Ink

How God Helped Me

January 16, 2016
By GraceWyble BRONZE, Forest, Virginia
GraceWyble BRONZE, Forest, Virginia
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Hi, my name is Kodjoe, and I’m a chipmunk. I’m 16 years old, and live with my mother, in the park, first tree to the right. Now let me tell you a little about myself, I like to chase leaves and I love to eat nuts, and I love my mother very much. Now let me tell you my story.
One day I was laying down by the tree , eating my lunch. It was a normal day, no one was watching me.

All the sudden I hear a noise and I saw a kitten stuck in a squirrel’s tree. I rushed over to find a dog scaring the cat higher up the tree.
       But before anything else I needed  to scare the dog away. Right before I was about to scare the dog away someone called him into a car and drove off.

There was no one around to help the kitten, but me. So I decided I was going to help the kitten down, but I had to be carful because I’m a chipmunk, and if someone saw me that would really bad. So I needed a plan, and fast.


I saw a rope and a bucket, then it came to me, I had an idea. I tied the rope and bucket together, then climbed up the tree and tied the rope on the branch that the kitten was stuck on. After that I helped the kitten in the bucket and lowered him down safely.
When the kitten got down safely he saw a mouse and started to chase it. I       tried so heard to get the kitten back, but when I stopped to catch a breath, the kitten was gone.
I asked my mother if I could go to find the kitten on my own, when she said yes I packed my bag and went out to the big city to find the kitten. It was the first day and I had no luck.
Three days passed, and I still had no luck. On the fourth day I was hungry so I went into a grocery store but they kicked me out. Then I found some nuts and I was good for the night. On the fifth day, when I ran into a very big dog, he chased me into a box in a dark alley. He didn’t go away for thirty minutes.


When he went away, I prayed to God asking if he could help me find the kitten and bring him home safely. When I was done praying I went to sleep after a long and hard day.


The next day I woke up to find the kitten laying down beside me, I was filled with joy to find that God answered my prayer.
That day I bought the kitten home with me, and the same day I found his family. He was so happy to see his family again. And I was happy to see my mother.

Now I know that whenever I’m in trouble all I should do is pray that God will help me. But I should not only pray when I’m in trouble, but every day.

The End


The author's comments:

This piece is about a chipmunk named Kodjoe, who helped a kitten of a tree, then the kitten saw a mouse and started to chase it. Kodjoe was in the city for 5 days looking for the kitten. One night Kodjoe prayed to God asking if he could help him find the kitten and bring him home safely.The next day Kodjoe woke up to find the kitten laying down beside him, he was filled with joy to find that God answered his prayer. The same day Kodjoe broght the kitten home to his family.