The Monkey | Teen Ink

The Monkey

January 14, 2016
By Tranasaurus BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Tranasaurus BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I woke up in a forest to the singing of some birds.Immediately I stood up.Where am I? I thought
“You’re in the woods near Houston.”
“Who said that?” I asked
“Well it could be the monkey next to you, hint hint.”
I looked to my side and saw a chimpanzee.
“How are you talking?” I asked shocked, “And why are we in the woods?”
“Well I’m guessing magic, but I’m a monkey so who knows.”
“Okay. I’m just going to run now.” I said sarcastically as I sprinted off.
“No wait!” The words faded in the distance.
I looked around trying to spot a landmark.Trees, trees, and more trees. I thought to myself.That’s when I saw it. A road! I quickly ran down, but it was deserted. It looked as if no cars had passed in a while. Crunch. Quickly I grabbed a stick and turned around immediately. It was the monkey.
“I don’t know what you’ll do with that. You’re basically defenseless.”
“You’re the one who dragged me in this forest!” I protested “I wouldn’t even have to know about it!”
“I didn’t drag you here. I just woke up and found you! If it weren’t for me you would’ve been eaten!” He screeched
Then we heard a rumbling in the distance. I squinted
“A car!” I yelled as I ran toward the light waving my hands “we’re saved! See I don’t need you.
“Forget about being saved I need to see if they have bananas!”
When the car approached I saw a man with a scar on his right eye. He pulled a gun out and started shooting.
“Run back! Quickly!” I yelled to the monkey.
The truck pulled over.
“Shuss” I whispered to the monkey.
The man approached us. Just as he turned the corner of the tree the monkey jumped him.
“We need to get out of here!” I said
“Should we bring him with us?”
“No leave him. If he wakes up he’ll probably try to kill us!”
“Alright lets go.”
We entered the truck. The man had kept it running. We drove an hour. Then we saw a sign.
“Next town in 30 miles.”
“We’re saved!”