Argument | Teen Ink

Argument

November 19, 2015
By CarterBoz SILVER, Newmarket, New Hampshire
CarterBoz SILVER, Newmarket, New Hampshire
7 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.


It is about my mom and dad arguing and my dad hurting her. 

Chapter 1: Argument

My parents got into a big fight after dinner. I lay there in the middle of my room thinking to myself, what are my parents yelling at each other about. I here my dad scream saying, you b**** get out of my house now. Then it goes quiet for a moment. I creep a little bit down the stairway. I hear someone rummaging through one of the draws in the kitchen. I hear a loud scream and then everything is quiet. My dad yells as he is coming up the stairs.
I sprint back to my room and jump in my bed. He slams the door open and  am in my bed with a book, pretending as if I was reading. I look down at his hand, and there is a knife with blood covering the blade. I look at my dad with a terrified look on my face. He says, “Son, it is ok your mom will  never argue with me again”. I scan his body looking for any stab marks to see if he stabbed himself. But that is when I realize what he is saying to me. He killed my mother. I scream and run and push him out of the way.

Chapter 2: The run

I sprint through the hall down the stairs and to the kitchen. I see my mother lying there dead. I grab the phone and dial 911 as quick as my little fingers can go. A police officer picks up and say, is everything ok. I say no please help me, my da just stabbed my mom. He asked me my address, so I gave it to him. My dad came into the kitchen as I was still on the phone with the officer. I see the door and run for it with the phone still in my hand. I run right through the sliding glass door. I feel a searing pain in my leg and forearm but I still keep running. I run up to my neighbors door and ring the doorbell, no one answers so I pound on the door.

Chapter 3: The Adrenalin

Hello!! Is anyone there?? I see a young women come to the door. She looks concerned, as she sees my face she pulls me inside her house quickly. I am still on the phone with the officer. He says they will be there as fast as they can. There is a loud banging on the door of my neighbors house. I look out the peephole and I see my dad there. His face is as red as a tomato. He keeps pounding. My neighbor says to go to the basement. That is where we will be safe. She get’s some waters and we go into the basement. She locks the door so nobody can get in. I call the police back and none answers.
So I keep calling and nobody answers. There is a window in the basement. I can see the front of the house clearly. I didn't see anything different. I don’t even see my dad anymore. I hear police sirens in the distance. I let out a sigh of relief.

Chapter 4: The arrest

The blue flashing lights invade the driveway and street. I see at least 5 police cars. All the officers come out armed with heavy duty machine guns. My dad jumps out of the bush with a pistol. I don’t even know where he got it from. He shoots three cos before they are able to shoot him.
They shoot him in the leg because they didn’t want to kill him. I cry, seeing my dad in pain on the ground takes a little piece out of me. The police officers get him in cuffs. They put him in the police car and they drove off. My life was changed that night, and not for the good.


The author's comments:

I was going through a rough time in my life. I never want what happens in this story to ever happen but it is jusy what came to my mind first so I wrote about it.