Kitten In the Tsunami | Teen Ink

Kitten In the Tsunami

By NasreenKidz SILVER, Jerantut, Other
NasreenKidz SILVER, Jerantut, Other

One bright sunny day, I went to the beach with my complete swimming equipment. I hope to get some fun and crazy day at the beach. At the beach I met my friend Matthew. He was with his nice looking girlfriend Mary. I greet them nicely before I ran into the deep blue sea.

After swimming, I went into the bathroom to wash some sand away. Then, I calm myself with a nice fruit juice. Suddenly, I heard someone screaming. I look around and saw everybody was running. The sky was turning dark. There was a storm too! I was afraid and wondering why is this happening.

Then, I heard someone screamed “Tsunami!!!” I am very shocked.I look up and saw a 100 feet tall wave is coming towards the beach. I am speechless. I ran as quick as I can an as fast as lightning but the Tsunami is faster than  me and it hits me and drag  me into the water. I am drowning!

I can see so much blood in the water. I swam  to the surface and tried to find something to hang on. A minute later, I found a big tree. I climbed the tree  and sat on it. From there, I saw so many dead people,cars floating,kids crying, and also dead animals. I was so thankful that I am still alive. I was so tired and hungry. I need some food!

A moment later, a floating bag attracts me. I think that there must be a food in the bag. I tried to reach for the bag and when I got the bag, I didn’t think twice and just rip it open. Finally, I found a plastic bag full of foods. I grabbed a piece of biscuit and munched it.

After I finished eating,  I took the bag and search for any useful things. I found a first aid kit box! This is what I meant by the useful things. I kept all of the food and useful things inside the tree hole. I look around to see if I found something. I saw that I actually have an open wound at the back of my arm.I was thinking how did I not realize that wound.Suddenly, I heard a sound of a kitten.

I search for the kitten and saw it sitting and crying on a floating desk. I ran to the tree’s root and reached out my hand to get the kitten. I grabbed the kitten and took it to the tree hole. I founded out that the kitten’s body was full of wounds. I took my first aid kit box and realized that the medicine just enough for one person. Should I help the kitten or should I cover my wound?

I was so clueless. Then, I realized that the kitten needs it. It needs to live its life. I covered up all the kitten wounds and fed it. I checked the kitten and the kitten was a she. The kitten was so happy to found me.I just covered up my wound with my arm. The kitten come closer to me and lick my arm. I felt asleep

An hour later, I woke up and heard a helicopter sound. I stood up and waved my hand. It is painful because of the wound but what can I do? The helicopter pilot saw me and threw a ladder at me. I was so excited to go home.
      Then, I realized something. How can I take the cat with me? I only have one hand that can climb because my other hand is bleeding. I need to think fast. I look at the kitten’s sad face and felt so responsible. I put the cat in the food plastic and put it in my shirt. I tied a knot at my shirt and started to climb.

At last, we successfully get into the helicopter. There was a doctor there and he stitched up my open wound. Went we arrived at our destination, I know I need to be separated from the kitten. I kiss she a goodbye and they took me to the hospital. The kitten was placed at the veterinary hospital.

After a night at the hospital, I was ready to go home. In my way home, I received a call from a vet. She said that the kitten has gone forever. My heart was broken and tears start coming out from my eyes. Times I had spent with the kitten had been the greatest time in my entire life. I drove to the veterinary hospital and ran to the kitten’s room. I saw her just lying on the table. I hug her and kiss her the last goodbye.

This is just my imagination. I have no clue if this related. Sorry if I hurts anybody feelings.