The Fast and The Furious Movie Review | Teen Ink

The Fast and The Furious Movie Review

September 30, 2015
By reejanahammersley BRONZE, Vauxhall, Alabama
reejanahammersley BRONZE, Vauxhall, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

            This adventure and action film is the first movie of the Fast and Furious series. It stars Vin Diesel, a buff bald headed street racer known as Toretto. He adores his little sister Jordana Brewster, known as Mia and they run a bar together. Toretto has a girlfriend that is very over protected and wild, she loves racing just as much as Toretto does her name is Odie Henderson in real life and on the movie she is known as Letty. Paul Walker (Brian O’ Conner) arrives at the bar every day and orders tuna on white bread with no crust every time. This is just an excuse to see Mia and flirt with her. Brian would like to break into street racing except that Toretto’s gang is disrespectful, mean and hostile towards him. After a street race the cops roll in and Brian ends up winning Toretto’s friendship when he saves him from the cops.
                 No one expected that Brian was an under covered cop, investigating a multimillion dollar truck hijacking. An action scene happens when the three Honda Civics shoot out an 18 wheeler. The hijackers climb into the 18 wheeler at high speeds. Brian has a street race with Toretto betting his car and of course he loses because Toretto has been racing since he was 14 so now Brian owns him a ten second car. Paul and Mia fall in love throughout the movie which is great because this movie isn’t all about action, it shows passion and how much Toretto cares about his gang and family. Brian is forced to tell Mia he is an under covered cop when Toretto is in trouble with the hijackers. Toretto is a very over protective brother. “If you break her heart, I’ll break your face.”  Mia is angry and frustrated thinking Brian had no feelings for her, that it was all just acting for his job even though Brian did have true feelings for her. Toretto feels lied to a disrespected because Brian told him he wasn’t a cop and he trusted that. Brian and Toretto have an up and down relationship in the movie, He has ended up pointing a gun to Brian’s head two times. After getting rid of the hijackers and problems were solved, Brian had to solve his own problem gaining trust back from Mia and Toretto.
                 This is my favorite movie because it fits a variety of genres into one movie. It proves that friendships can happen through anything, even if it starts out with being enemies at first. Brian was a cop but he learned what it is like to be in a family and he let his emotions catch him. Toretto and Brian race one last time. Toretto flips his vehicle and the cops are coming so Brian gets out of the vehicle and tells Toretto that he stills owes him a ten second car. This was a great way to the end the movie because it keeps you wondering and excited for the next movie to see where this beginning of a brotherhood takes the adventure throughout the whole series. The theme of this movie has great meaning to it. "I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. For those 10 seconds, I'm free.” Toretto tells Brian. This movie is about family, friends, speed and hot cars.