Surviving 2200 (Prelude)

PRELUDE

2200 was the year when all was lost: life, freedom, and happiness.

The unalienable rights once promised by the government were snagged away faster than the speed of light. Consequently, our self-esteem and pride were crushed, and sent to the lowest state that anything could ever be in. It was pure torture, walking down the street and knowing that at any second an unburdened government official could spring out of the shadows and lay upon you another saddening device. These devices, conspired up by the nation's most sinister officials, were ones designed to lower any slice of hope, and that is exactly what they did. Families and friends who were once joyous and grateful were now transformed into being rude and selfish, not to mention emotionless. Citizens walked up and down the streets, facing forward with cruel scowls on their faces, and refused to cooperate in any way, except for the officials.

In a way, the government was creating dozens and dozens of personal slaves every second.

A_Fellow_Writer said...
Mar. 22 at 1:02 pm
Cool! I was going to do something similar about an implant in the neck that detected lies and any hostile intentions, and a group of individuals who resist the Collective government.