IronKid | Teen Ink

IronKid

April 14, 2015
By Y-itBeard BRONZE, Lee's Summit, Missouri
Y-itBeard BRONZE, Lee's Summit, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Breaking News! IronMan gets injured in a duel and needs a civilian to take his place!” I saw that on the news and knew that someone needed to substitute for him, the whole world would be in danger without him. I waited a few days to see if anyone stepped up. Nobody had. There were crimes left and right, we needed someone to stop this. Then suddenly, I heard a rambunctious“BANG!” I flew down the stairs to check it out. I examined a tall man wearing all black. Intruder. As I thought about how this could play out, I did what any other 14 year old would do; run out the door and call the cops. I typed in 9-1-... then I remembered the headline on the news. It sounded fun to be Iron Man and if I seized this criminal it would be a surefire way to get the job. I scurried home and busted through the door. He wasn't there. I went outside in case he escaped. I saw him running to his car. There was no way I would be fast enough. So I got my Airsoft gun and shot his tire. The bullet bounced off and screamed passed me. Instantly, I took a picture of his license plate. I called the police and told them the plate number. Apparently, they've been striving to catch this guy for years. Sheriff Kevin said “Would you like to be IronMan’s substitute?” I was astonished as I replied “I am Ironkid!”