Enoch | Teen Ink

Enoch

By Maria21 BRONZE, Athens, Other
Maria21 BRONZE, Athens, Other

Wisdom begins in wonder.

The dusty ,old book was sitting there, just begging to be read. Rosaline walked through the cricking floor of the library and looked at the book on the table asking herself : “Why is this book all alone? Why isn't it in the bookshelf among its friends? What's so special about it? ”. Not being able  to answer her questions she went on to look at it. It was a small  old brown leather book. The title was hidden behind a mass of dust, she cleaned it and the title appeared it was : “ENOCH”. “Enoch?”, she said, “I wonder what that means.” She opened it, not being able to understand its power yet. The pages were yellow , the letters were strange and in handwritting , it seemed like the book was from another era. Medieval , perhaps. She read the first page.
  Once upon a time there was a story, a story different from all the others, the story of Enoch. Enoch was a warlock , the most powerful of his time. He always used his magic to help others until he met her, Katrina, he thought she was the best thing that happened to him. But he was quick to judge. He trusted her his biggest secret, his true nature. She did not judge him, she accepted him for what he was. He thought that she was the one -his one and only love- but he was wrong. He had made a terrible mistake and he would pay it the hard way.
 As Rosaline read ,the more harder it was for her to stop. She wanted to know the story of the mysterious Enoch. The pages flipped and  the hands of the clock turned but Rosaline didn't mind. The clock had stricken midnight. Rosaline started screaming : “NO!!! This can't be right.” In the book the story had  been unvealed. Katrina was not what she appeared to be, she was trying to extinguish all wizards . She killed Enoch, she stubbed him with a dagger  when he was sleeping and then she runned away, leaving him to bleed to death. Rosaline cried with grief, she didn't know why but somehow she felt so deaply connected to him. She continued reading.
  But that was not the end that fate had planned for Enoch. While he was lying in the middle of the forest , the sun was blasting the plants that seeked his warmth. And the sunbeams had light up the forest like an extraordinary feast. That's when she appeared through the bursting light, his savor, Aurora. When she saw him, she immediately went to help him. Aurora was a healer.She shed rosemary, lobelia and cayenne on his wound and then as if it was magic he was healed. He couldn't find words to thank her. They got introduced. When she told him her name he said : “Aurora! What a wonderful name and how matching.”
“Matching”, she said, “For what?”
He replied,“Aurora means daylight and I would never see another dawn if it wasn't for you.”
She couldn't help but smile.

The book wrote:
THE END
“The end? ”, said Rosaline, “But what happens to Enoch? Does he leave with Aurora?”
A voice answered, “I think you know the answer to that dear.”
“Grandpa! But how can I know the answer ? I have never read that story.” said Rosaline.
“You may haven't read the story but you know the protagonists.”
“No! I have never met a warlock.”
“Are you sure?”, he said, “Sometimes the truth is right in front of our eyes.”
And suddently the cane he was holding turned green, he smiled and said: “Come in, Aurora, now she knows.” Her grandma walked in and hugged her husband. Rosaline was shocked, she kept saying: “ But how can this be true? You are Enoch? A warlock?”. And out of the sudden the clock struck 10 in the morning. Rosaline was sleeping on the chair beside the table, holding the book in her arms. Around her neck was a necklace with the sun. Was it just a dream or was it all true? I guess we will never know.

Maria21 BRONZE said...
Maria21 BRONZE, Athens, Other

Wisdom begins in wonder.

Thank you very much. This is actually my first try at writing and I was a little bit anxious about the outcome but I am glad someone likes it.

on Apr. 23 2015 at 11:08 am
AnnaSharudenko BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. -Edgar Allan Poe

Wow. The end surprised me. Great job! You should continue writing :)