A Dragon Box worth a Weapon | Teen Ink

A Dragon Box worth a Weapon

By Michelle Ha BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Michelle Ha BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

In a small, peaceful village where Magina and her father lives, there was also a witch who lives not far from the village. It was summer time which no school for Magina. Magina was sleeping in when she smelled something delicious coming from downstairs. She couldn’t resist the smell so she got dressed and went downstairs.
There it was, pancakes with syrup and butter on top. Her father was cooking breakfast.
“Good Morning, thought I have to eat it all,” said her father.
“Morning, yeah right, like I will miss out on this,” said Magina.
“Eat up before it gets cold,” said her father.
Later that day, her father showed Magina something she has never seen before in their Wizards secret place. It was a dragon box that was passed down from generations to generations in her family. A dragon box was a special magical box that represents each of the wizards’ family.
“You need to protect this dragon box,” said her father.
“Yes, father,” said Magina.
“The dragon box will help you when you are in danger and it also holds the key to open the magic dimension,” said her father.
But one day, she was walking through the woods. The dragon box dropped out of her bag but Magina didn’t know. Halfway to her house, she realized the dragon box wasn’t in her bag. She went back to the woods and couldn’t find it. She noticed there were slimy footprints and knew there was one person who have these kind of footprints. It was the witch’s footprints and she took it. Magina knew she have to get the dragon box back before the witch stirs some trouble.
Magina went to the witch’s house but found there was a maze, an enormous one. She keeps ending up into dead ends.
“This is so confusing,” said Magina.
“You will never found your way out of here,” said the witch.
Magina turned and turned and finally reached the end. She saw the dragon box and grabbed and ran home.
When she got home, she went to her room. She took out the dragon box out of her bag. Then she realized that it was fake dragon box. It was just a box that was decorated to look like the dragon box. The witch had outsmarted her.
She had to do something before her father find out about it. She went to their wizard secret place and looked through books. Then she found something. She could make a weapon to defeat the witch. She grabbed ingredients and spells to make it. As she started to combine it together, her father came downstairs.
“Working on something?” said her father.
“Yeah,” said Magina.
“Just don’t explode the house,” said her father.
“Okay,” said Magina.
Her father went upstairs.
Hours later, she finished the weapon. It was a magical and powerful sword which could transform to a wand. She felt proud of herself because most of the time, she would need to ask her father for help. A week later, the witch told her to trade in the weapon for the dragon box and she has two days before the witch will use the dragon box.
Magina didn’t know what to do but she needs to think fast. Either way, it would be a win and lose for her. So she decided to make a clone of the weapon just like how the witch clones the dragon box. But the weapon would be useless. The next day, she went through the woods and to the witch’s house. She traded the clone weapon for the dragon box. Magina attacked the witch with the real weapon.
“Oh no, you don’t. I got a weapon like that thanks to you,” said the witch.
“Why is this not working?!” said the witch.
“That is not the real weapon, I got the real weapon!” said Magina.
“You tricked me nooooooooooooo,” said the witch.
Magina defeated the witch. She sent the witch to the magic dimension’s prison where no one can escape. Magina had outsmarted the witch with the witch’s own trick. Now Magina have the dragon box back at home, safe and sound.

Michelle Ha BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Thank you!

book judger said...
on Apr. 17 2015 at 9:58 am
Very good book article people need to make more like these it grabs your attention and holds it to the very end! thx