The Cobbler King | Teen Ink

The Cobbler King

By trinket1233 BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
trinket1233 BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

I love being a king, you can have all the wealth, power, and food you want, but it doesn’t always go the way you would want. War is a big problem in my kingdom, especially since we have one of the meanest populations ever. Back to the present, I am sitting in my throne room with my queen and royal guard, relaxing and eating a cobbler, when I hear screaming outside, I ask one of my guards to see what all the commotion is about. He doesn’t come back, I decide to take matters into my own hands and go outside. Before I get out, one of my manservants bursts into my throne room and tells me not to go outside, I shove him aside.
I open the doors and see chaos, nothing but chaos before me. The kingdom is being destroyed by enemy invaders! Two of my men are arguing near me, I see a broken, flaming turret near them, “That plan didn’t fly, genius, and now we’re short a turret.” One of them yells at the other, the other responds with, “That was your plan, imbecile, you just don’t want to get in trouble because the king is here.” I burst into the conversation, “Both of you are idiots, stop arguing and get to work or I’ll execute you both publicly!” They both cower and slowly back away. The kingdom is in dire danger, I think I’ll go finish my cobbler.

Kipitama said...
on Mar. 21 2015 at 11:08 pm
Kipitama, Council Bluffs, Iowa

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." (Bartoletti, Campbell)

I liked this a lot, there were a couple punctuation problems, but the entire story from beginning to end was intriguing. I loved the king's attitude and the ending was just cool. I love the ending. That was my favorite part. Keep it up!