Trip to Vegas | Teen Ink

Trip to Vegas

March 16, 2015
By gregorio2499 BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
gregorio2499 BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hello everyone my name is Jeff and I have quite the tale to tell all of you. This story takes place during a trip my buddies and I took to Vegas when I turned the big 21. Before I get started let me introduce everyone. There's four of us including me. First guy up is my friend Chester. Chester is a the hyper one, he is just a plain basket of crazy but fun none the less. Next up is Legolas. Um yeah his parents are really big Lord of the Rings fans. But he has embraced it a little too much. He's tall, around 6'3, and has long flowing light blonde hair. And I swear he's got the pointiest ears I've ever seen. And finally there's Saul. He's not the best looking, like maybe a 5 at best, but he's got confidence like no other. He has like a new girl he brings around every week. I don't know how the bastard does it but he gets the hottest chicks. Like he is the definition of a man dating up. Anyway we set out for our trip July 15th around 12. The next few days nothing happened. We drove from state to state stopping to sleep and eat not staying long then moving on. We stopped a little longer in Colorado if you know what I mean. We made it most of the way through Utah when our car broke down. Luckily we weren't too far from a garage. We walked down the road a bit and came to a flashing sign that said Joe's Garage. We told one of the workers what happened and asked if they could tow us back here. They said no problem and drove me and Saul back to the car. We got to the car and the guy jumped out and hooked it on and then drove back to the garage. We all waited around inside for them to figure out what was wrong with the car. About 20 minutes later the guy comes back and says we done did something to something, I don't know what we did. He said that it would take a couple of hours to fix and that we could wait at this café around the corner. There was no where else to really go so we went around the corner to the café that had a big sign that said Moe's. We walked into this run down nasty dusty café. There was a booth open in the corner so we grabbed it. The place seemed normal enough although a little disgusting. A waitress came by, her name was Blanch, she asks what we would like to eat. We all give her a variation of the same order. I see her walk over to behind the bar area and give the order to the chef. I look at his name tag, it reads Moe. My friends and I sit in the booth chatting waiting for our food when bam! The door gets busted in. This is the Illegal Gambling Operation Break Up Team, Also known as Ego But for short, and you're under arrest. We all quickly get under the table. There's screaming and shouting from all directions. Get down you scum bag I hear from one direction. I ain't going back to prison I hear from another. There's shuffling of feet everywhere. I hear a taser shot go off. Moe got it right in the face! After everyone involved with the gambling operation gets apprehended we all come up from underneath the table. An officer walks over to us.
"You boys alright?" He says. We all shake our head. "Alright I hope we didn't startle y'all too bad. See what we got here was an illegal gambling operation and Moe over there was the felicitator of this little shiz waaz happenin here. You boy wouldn't happen to have come here to do some gambling would ya?"
"No no sir we're going to Vegas for that."
"Alright well you boys have a nice time okay?"
"Yes sir we will."
Everyone's just sitting in the booth shocked by what just happened. The police are motioning everyone out the door. We followed everyone out and walked back down and around the corner to the garage. They had finished up early thank God. I paid the guy for the repairs and got out of there as quickly as possible. We all agreed that next time we're flying to Vegas.