Blessed with a Curse | Teen Ink

Blessed with a Curse

By chanceandcolton BRONZE, Elkins, Arkansas
chanceandcolton BRONZE, Elkins, Arkansas

im old gregg

There once was a boy who was blessed with a curse.  Everything he touched turned to stone.  He didn't want this curse, but he knew he had it for a reason.  He didn't know the purpose of this curse.  It was a terrible curse for the time being, but after 10 years, he learned how to control it.  You see he lived in America, but now it just wasn't the same anymore.  The world he lived in had been taken over.  The world he lived in hated freedom; in fact, citizens of this new world revolted but ultimately failed because the government was stronger than the people it once protected.  Now this boy who was blessed with a curse had to be a hero of a fallen America, and he was scared, scared of dying.  You see the government had these sleeper agents that attacked out of nowhere, so you would never know who was a sleeper agent and neither would they.  You couldn't trust anyone.

He now had to harness the power of his curse and mold it into a beautiful ability and rebuild his world back to peace and freedom not riots and slavery.  He set off to find the leader of the new world and put an end to this once and for all.  He crossed deserts and seas to find him but as soon as he found him, he found out it was his father.

His father lived in a tower made of stone and glass. His father abandoned him when he was a child, and his mother was turned to stone by his own hand.  That’s why he never liked this curse because it hurt everyone he ever loved.  All he wanted was to be free of this curse, but he wanted more to be free of the tyrant-like government.

So he went into the tower and found his father.  But when he found him, his father pulled a gun on him and told him to leave or he would shoot.  The boy tried to get his father to stop and put an end to this government, but his father refused.  So the boy had to turn his father to stone. It broke his heart once more, but he knew it was for the greater good.  He was now the leader of the new world--the leader of a free world.