The Two Men | Teen Ink

The Two Men

February 9, 2015
By Anonymous

After World War II, chaos in several nations was evident. However, several brave souls decided to help maintain peace and justice. By doing this, the term “vigilante” became a reality; the Board of Justice was given existence. Nations all over the world now had their own guardians.
In 2057, the United States had remained the haven for immigrants and the home of patriots. The vigilantes have never been more friendly, appreciated, or protective of their fellow citizens. However, the President was assassinated by Cristero, a fellow vigilante who claimed the President to be sinister, and Cristero in return was killed. Once the news spread like the Black Plague, the entire U.S. was divided into two. One consisted of the southwestern U.S. and the Blitzkrieg Saints, Catholic troops that were influenced by Cristero. The rest of the United States remained loyal to the Stars and Stripes and determined that all people deprived from Catholicism to be traitors, creating a whole new Holocaust in the “land of the free”.

Covered with corpses, trenches, odors, blood, machines, craters, crosses, the battlefield of Indianapolis became H--- on earth.
Meanwhile, the muddy ground shined for a brief moment as lightning struck the earth.
Former allies turned adversaries, neither one were willing to stand down.
One of the men, who wore a crimson cape, a white mask that only had three red stripes running down it, and an Iron Cross that covered most of his chest, tightened his metallic gloves, “You’ve gone too far, Samuel! You murdered countless civilians, burned cities across the southwestern U.S., and you claim that it was done for ‘freedom and justice’! How can a man be just if did the things you did?”
The other man, who bore a mechanical arm and the stripes of a patriot, prepared himself to perform La Danse Macabre and smirked, “Hypocrite. You’re literally named after one of the worst societies of all time.”
“What has gotten into you? Denver is in ashes, and it’s all due to your actions! I understand that you are only trying to neutralize the Blitzkrieg Saints and avenge the late President, but you must realize that the President was a corrupt man. For goodness’ sake, he had plans to launch nuclear missiles towards millions of innocents!”
Samuel shook his head aggressively as his soul filled with wrath, “Lies. Lies. LIES! Cristero, that stupid apostle, deserved to be killed that day.”
  He then tighten his fists, “He murdered a righteous man! And those people needed to be liberated, do-do-don’t you see, Edward?!”
“I guess I don’t.”
The caped man took a step back and popped his knuckles, “Unfortunately, this shall be our final battle, Minuteman. Do you have any final regards?”
“Yeah, actually. Say hi to Hitler for me, be-beggar.”
Then, as the thunder lighted up the ground for another time, Edward charged at Minuteman like a tiger does to its prey. While doing this, he clenched his right fist and aimed to sucker-punch him, and he shouted with all of his wrath, “You little s-“
However, Minuteman dodged his fist and pushed Edward to the ground, “Don’t you remember, Reichie? If I managed to defeat your great-great grandfather before, I c-c-can surely defeat you.”
“Zip it, redneck.”
“Oh, that’s it.” Minuteman took out his short dual boomsticks that shot out copper death, “I thought of giving ya’ a little mercy, but now I really want ya’ to go to H---.”
As Samuel shot all of his twelve rounds, Reich Crusader dodged each one of them except for one; that single bullet made his right arm useless and he soon became a wounded horse.
The blood gashed out of his right shoulder, “D-----!”
“Ooy! I finally caught ya’! Now, maybe you’ll b-become less of an annoyi-”
However, Edward managed to uppercut Samuel, despite his wound, “Never mind. You’re more annoying than ever.”
Edward lent Minuteman his hand, most of scratched with the signatures of many civilians, “Samuel, let’s try to cooperate here. If we continue fig-“
More blood squirted out of his dead arm and he attempted to pressure the wound, “Ah! Perhaps we can settle this peacefully.”
He revealed to him one of his fist, filled with scribbles, “Look at this signatures. Each one of these is from a person; a person who sought for peace. Think about them. Do want them to have died in vain?”
“To be honest, I never gave a d--- about those signatures. They all died like dogs during the Dallas Raids.”
Samuel then took out his bloodthirsty baseball bat, covered with barbed wire and forgotten souls, and he swept Edward off his feet, “And it’s a homerun! Hahahaha!
Minuteman then shot him directly in the knee, a bulls eye you’d call it, “Wait, wait, wait; I’ve still got more. Pop goes the weasel! Hahahahahaha!”
He then aimed for Edward’s striped head, “It’s time to paint the floor…with Nazi Red.”
Reich Crusader had chuckled, “It may be true that you won a brawl against the original Reich Crusader, and it may be true that I learned everything I knew from him. But, I’ve got something that my great-great grandfather Rudolf never had.”
Reich Crusader quickly took out a small revolver and slowly pulled down the hammer, donning himself the Angel of Death, “Your life.”