Something Unbelievable | Teen Ink

Something Unbelievable

By Mariela.Vinas SILVER, Arroyo Hondo, Other
Mariela.Vinas SILVER, Arroyo Hondo, Other

Stars can't shine without darkness

It was dark. Everything caused fear. The place was lonely and there were no cars passing through. My hair was waving in the air. It was a cold night. Tree leaves where all over the place on the floor and on the air. The only sound that could heard was my own breath. Trying to go home when it’ late can be difficult if the night is direful. Then a shadow was seeing. Someone was walking. With the moon hiding in the clouds I couldn’t see well. The only thing I knew was that it was a man and that he had something in his hand. My mind was telling me to hide. It was telling me to run away from him. Something was wrong with him. He was strange looking, but I told myself “He is just a guy like you, maybe trying to get home.Don’t be ridiculous. He won't kill you”. He was approaching quickly and my mind was getting louder, warning me that he was dangerous. When the light of the moon hit his faces, I saw what he had in his hands. My mind was right. He was dangerous. He was a criminal. He was a killer. In his hands had and an ax. It was blood. His ax was about the size of a guitar and. His face was full of creepy scars. His metal ax shone from afar and my house was 15  meters from where I was. I try to run but I was so shocked, I mean I was on United States this kinds of stuff never happens, I couldn’t move and he was there, in front of me, at three or five feets. I could see in his face the bloodlust he had. He raised his hatchet, he wanted to kill me. Prst!!! The feeling of the ax penetrating into my leg was something I couldn’t handle. “Ah!” I cried loudly. Blood came out fast. My leg was red instead of white. The place was filled with blood. I had a hole in my leg. The pain was so powerful that it woke up my adrenaline and the adrenaline made me react. I started to run, It was painful and hard to do it, but it was the only way of trying to scaped. He was coming again. He was convinced that he had to kill me. He threw his hatchet at me. It flew over my head. I had to get home fast. I could see my house. I was getting closer, 6 meters. I had to arrive before he could kill me. I ran faster, I was almost there. I started calling my mothers name and I think she heard me because she opened the door and looked through out the window to see who was calling her. She saw me and understood what was happening so she took the cars key and opened the car door and drove toward me. She pick me up and she went directly to the hospital. She was talking or asking me questions, but I couldn’t understand her. Blood was coming out fast and my brain wasn’t working that well. I was dying. When we got there, to the hospital. The first thing the doctor did was closing my wound. He said something to my Mom and I blacked out.
*    *    *     *    *
I opened my eyes. The light hurt. I blink. My mother was standing there. She was waiting for me to wake up, so I asked her
“Where are we?”
“Ohh! Thanks God you woke up! I was really worried!” She kissed my forehead and then said “Darling, we are at the hospital. The doctor gave me the results. He said that you were lucky that you survived and that you didn’t lose your leg.”
“What happened to my leg? Is it injured or something like that?”
“No darling, something worst than that. The criminal broke your leg bone, so the doctor had to operate it and then he putted you a plaster, with a hole in the place that he operated you. You been sleeping for three whole days and Jennifer visited you yesterday”
I looked down to my leg. It looked awful, even with the plaster on it. Blood was still wet on my leg.
“Today you are not going school, but tomorrow you are” said my mother “The doctor said you could leave tomorrow”
*    *    *    *    *
Going to school with this plaster in my leg was bad . I had no pain on my leg  anymore. I was afraid of what they were going to say, especially because I had a really powerful enemy. The most popular girl in my grade. Veronica. When I finally arrived school everybody was looking at me and asking me “What happened to your leg?”. I felt weird with all that attention and I guess someone wasn’t happy about it.
When the bell rang, my friend, Jennifer and I went to recess. Someone was waiting for us there, with many people on her side.
“Hello Darcie.” said Veronica in a mucking tone
“Hi” I said not showing her that I was afraid of her
“ A bird told me that you had an incident in your leg” she said
She walked to my leg and then, on purposed, she touched my wound. Obviously, I screamed.
“How sensitive and weepy” said Lhia
“She is not, that really hurts” said Jennifer indignated
“Shut up you beast! We know that friends always defend theirs friend, even when they know theirs friends aren’t telling the truth” said Veronica very sharply
A loud “oooooooo!!” came out of the crowd, and Jennifer and I left the place, as always, humiliated by her and her group.
*    *    *    *    *
2 Months and a Week Later
“Yey!” I said to myself. Today the doctor was going to take off the plaster I had in my leg. I was going late to school. I had a permission. The doctor revised and told me that the scar that was left in my leg wasn’t permanent. He said that someday I won’t see it anymore. He told me that my leg was alright, that the only thing I had to do was putting in the scar some kind of cream, so that the wound could get well closed.
When I arrived school it was almost recess time, so I left all my stuff in its place, so that when the bell rang I could be ready for leaving the classroom. The bell rang in the same second I finished what I was doing and Jennifer caught me outside in the playground. Even when I thought that all that bullying stuff had ended, Veronica and her group came. We tried to hid in the crowd, but at the end she found us.
“So, trying to avoid me” she said
“Yes, Do you have any problem?” said Jennifer
“We know that you made up that History of that strange man and the ax”
“Well, I thought that you had read the newspaper, because those people announced that they found the guy that tried to kill me.” said Darcie “Here are the news, see ”
The people on her side got silent
“Whatever” said Veronica
“Why are you so sensitive Darcie? I thought you were strong” said Lhia
“Yeah, you acted like if you had something huge in your leg.” said Veronica
“Excuse me” said Jennifer “Darcie show her your scars”
When Darcie showed all of them her scars made by that crazy killer, they all got silent and then a guy named Javier said
“In your face!!!!!”
“She is not sensitive or whatever” said someone and then all of them said “ooooooooooo!!!” and this time the ones who left the place were, Lhia and Veronica. The last thing I heard from her was “This is just the begi---- someone interrupted her
“Darcie, wake up” said someone in the dark. Someone turned on the light. I blinked. It was my Dad. “You don’t want to be late for school” he said “So, wake up”
“What?!” I said very surprised “All of this was only a dream?!”
I did what I had to do. I woke up. Brush my teeth. I got a bath and then I dressed up. I had breakfast and talked with my mother. I told her about my dream and how I couldn’t finished it because Dad woke me up and guess what she said…….. “Honey, Why didn’t you let her sleep a little bit more??????” and My dad said “Yeah.Yeah. All the blame for me”
The end