Kidnap and hunted | Teen Ink

Kidnap and hunted

By cjmayes SILVER, St. Paul, Arkansas
cjmayes SILVER, St. Paul, Arkansas

(dont got one)

It was a quiet afternoon; I am walking down the lonely street back from the store. Then I hear someone cry for help, so I look and see what's happening around the corner. Then I see this big man swinging a metal pipe for my head, and he had succeeded. I woke up in a dark place and tried to feel where I was, and then I noticed I am in the trunk of a car. I tried to kick the door open, but it won't budge, so now I wait till he opens the trunk for a chance to escape. I plan to run as far as I can and find help as soon as possible.
He finally opens the trunk, but I stayed where I was because he had a pistol pointing at my head. He told me to act like his son at a little restaurant, or I won’t eat or drink and will starve to death. So I did what he said because I am hungry, and I wanted to earn some trust with the guy. After we are done eating and about to walk out, he put the gun in my back where no one could see it so I wouldn't run. Then when we got to the car, I turn around and hit the gun and punch him in the face and run as fast as I could into the woods trying to escape.
It’s beginning to get dark now, and it’s getting harder to run. I hear his footsteps right behind me and bullets flying around me. I keep running knowing if I stop he would hurt and possibility kill me. I start running up a steep hill hoping that he will slow down and I can get away. I see and ran to a thick bush and force myself far as I can under it to keep out of sight. Then I see him run by, and I stay there till morning.
I had run for a long time, turning and not knowing where I was. I’m lost with a lunatic trying to hunt me down and kill me, with nothing to defend me from him. I try finding my way back to the restaurant but failed. So I gather some wild berries for food and get ready to start walking till I find civilization. I will start walking in the morning and get some rest for tomorrow, and then I hear someone running towards me.
I turn and get ready to run, but instead of the man it was a tall search and rescue guy and a police officer. Then a gunshot goes off, and I see a search and rescue guy fall to the ground. The police officer turns around and fires shots back towards where the gunshots were fired and succeeded hitting the crazy lunatic in the chest. Then I felt relief that he was dead. I run towards the wounded search and rescue guy, trying to help him. He was shot in the shoulder blade, and I ripped a piece of cloth off of my torn shirt and wrapped it around the wound trying to help him.
The police officer had taken us back to his car and drove the wounded man to the nearest hospital. The police officer also drove me back home to safety. The police department had sent two police officers to watch me in the distance for safety for the next month. I still have nightmares about the night in the woods and wonder what would have happened if he caught me under the bush or if the two guys would have never found me. Now I know that I will not ever see that crazy guy ever again in my entire life. In the future I know that I will work in the police department or search and rescue because of what happened that changed my life forever.     

cjmayes SILVER said...
on Feb. 20 2015 at 10:11 am
cjmayes SILVER, St. Paul, Arkansas

(dont got one)

great story