Glitter Wings | Teen Ink

Glitter Wings

By Daisyesta BRONZE, Mountain Veiw, California
Daisyesta BRONZE, Mountain Veiw, California

Fluffles dream was to become an alpha cat. To become an alpha cat she had to do something that would change her life forever. There were only a few alpa cats in the world but Fluffles wanted to be one of them.
One day while fluffles was painting on her walls as she usually does after school, a glow of light caught her eye. The light was small but bright. She followed the light through the hall she never seen before and into a room with a dresser, a door and a few cobwebs. The light seemed to glow brighter now, despite the lack of sunlight. It went in back of the dresser and disappeared. Fluffles pushed away the dresser and took a look. It seemed like there was a door behind the wallpaper. She teared off the wall paper with her pocket knife, there stood a little door.
The door seemed to be missing the knob. Fluffles looked around the room for the missing knob. She opened the dresser, looked behind the curtain on the window sill. There it was, it was small and round like a golf ball but felt very heavy. On the side there was some writing. “Only to be used if one was to find the spark of the sole.”
“spark of the sole?” she thought, “the light!” Fluffles opened the little door and gazed into the light there seemed to be a tube leading to another door. When she went into the tube the door she went in closed and locked. As she tried to push it open a purple gas filled the tube. She was out cold.
  When she woke up she was in a dark room with a fountain with no water and a torch on the ground. She couldn't find anything to light it like a match or some wood to rub together. but she did find a small opening in the wall. The opening lead to a library with a small creek, a stair way too unstable to walk on, a skull, lots of books which were too high to reach, and a small table with chairs around it. Fluffles took the chair and set it against the wall with all of the books. Then she stepped onto the chair so she can see each book clearly. One of the books had a picture of a statue of a cat wearing a necklace and a crown. Fluffles took the book hoping it would come in handy and also took another just in case and stepped of the chair. Fluffles looked around the room and then found a small black chest with a flame and a lock. fluffles looked around the room for something to break the lock then remembered she was carrying a pocket knife. Fluffles stuck the knife into the keyhole and twisted her knife with amaze the chest opened and in it was some black liquid. She didn’t know what to do with the liquid but then she accidentally dropped one of her books into the water and it caught on fire. Carefully, she stuck the torch into the liquid and it caught on fire too.
Now she could see the room clearly. There was a small opening under the stairs just big enough for her to crawl through. The small opening lead to a tropical room filled with fireflies and deer. In the middle there was a statue there was something familiar about it. But then she realised it was the same statue in the book. It was the cat but she was missing her crown and necklace. Fluffles looked around the room for a necklace but no luck. Then a voice spoke to her the voice was coming from a deer, “What you seek is not here.” The deer put her hoof on a rock and opened a trap door. “Follow me” the deer said.
Fluffles followed the deer into a small room with a hall. “You need to get through that hall, there you will find the missing necklace and crown” Fluffles ran into the hall, but she stopped to the roaring of a tiger. Its fangs were the shape of icicles and made of the strongest of crystal. Its fur was bright orange with black “u”’s, the shape of horseshoes. Fluffles took out her pocket knife and told her self if I die I die with dignity. Then fluffles stabbed the lion in the neck, The lion gave a yelping roar and collapsed to the ground. Fluffles walked over to the stand holding the necklace and crown. But she stopped. in front of her were small tiles all of the tiles had either symbols of lions, griffins, or birds. She took a pebble from the ground and through it on to a tile. The pebble landed onto a tiger, then almost instantly arrows shoot out of the wall. hmm, she thought to herself what do all of these animals have in common. She took a look at all of the tiles, each one of them are harmful, except for the helpless bird! Fluffles stepped onto the bird and nothing happened, then she stepped onto another bird. she repeated this until she was face to face with the stand that held the crown and necklace, then she took everything out of her bag and hoped it would weigh the same. she switched the stuff with the crown as quickly as she could but kept the book as memory. Unforchantly the stuff did not  weigh correctly and before she knew it the place came crashing down. The tiles broke into dust and underneath was lava. The lava was very hot she felt the heat burn onto her face. The lava was rising fluffles knew she was a goner. But then she saw a vine leading across the hall. Fluffles caught grip of the vine but then the vine cut loose and just as fluffles paws were about to touch the lava she caught hold of another vine. She kept leaping from vine to vine as fast as she could. Luckily she made it with no time to spare the hall was just about to break down. Fluffles tossed on the crown and necklace and ran to the statue room. “Be careful!”  The deer told her, “you need to be on the statue to escape.” Fluffles hopped onto the statue and set on the crown and necklace. The ground started to rumble. The statue was rising into a hole in the ceiling. The hole in the wall lead into a room with two other cats one was a glittery pink and the other was a golden red. “what is the meaning of this, why am i here, who are you!” Fluffles demanded.
“we are your birth parents. The evil trader of our land, and your cousin, captain Ushata wants to kill you so he would be next in line for the throne. You need to defeat him before he kills you! You will need to pick one of these.” The one with the glittery pink fur told her. Fluffles looked at the objects. There was a bow and arrows, a sword, and a stack of knifes. She took the knifes knowing she had a little experience in throwing them when she was helping out her neighbor Paul hunt for mice. “Your cousin will be here soon you must be ready!” Then out of the ceiling  there was a big smash, dust was everywhere. everyone started coughing. Then out of the dust a big black shadow appeared. It was him, Captain Ushata he was stealth and  fierce.
“Ha ha ha this is the cat I am facing so punie so small.” Fluffles stood strong and held her knifes in two of her paws. Then she shot him with a knife. He shot back with an arrow and she shot again. This time The knife pierced his face. Then she took another knife but the arrow shot it out of her hands. She needed to stay strong. She took another knife and shot his hands. Then he collapsed. She had won she did not believe it, she won! She felt her paws tingle they turned black. Her back was blue, speckled with the same color her paws turned. Her eyes had black streaks on either side. Now she was an alpha cat!