The Origin of Coral | Teen Ink

The Origin of Coral

ORGIN MYTH
“No. I am not going to do it.” Said Cecilia.
“Come on you have to, please?” Begged Coral
“NO! I am not the one who swims. You are. I am not going to swim around Grascript with you. I will run on the beach or ride my bike, but swimming!  Count me out!!” argued Cecilia.
“Oh. Ok if that’s what you want. You must know that if you are coming that my brother Arcist is coming too. He wants to video tape it because you know how much of a brain he is” Coral told Cecilia.
“Yes I know but you know what if we encounter a god because you are the one who says the come swim in the water where no one can see them. Remember the day we learned about Athena he got so mad because he thought Athena shouldn’t be the goddess of wisdom? Boy did he make a fool of himself that day.” Said Cecilia
“Yes I know that’s why I plan to go at night when no one is around” Coral sighed.
The next day all three of them, Coral Cecilia, and Arcist walked down to the beach. “Smell the salty air, it makes me want to swim even more then I do” commented Coral. “Well facts prove that there is no physical way that you could love swimming even more than you do.” Teased Arcist. “Are you ready to swim Coral?” asked Cecilia “ready as I will ever be” replied. Coral dove into the water and started swimming. Ever thing was going smooth until out of nowhere the waves split apart and out popped a man.  “ Y-You’re P-P-Poseidon!” said Coral stuttered. “Ha Ha, why yes I am” replied Poseidon. Coral stood up and bowed in front of Poseidon.  Poseidon put his bluish tinted hand on Coral’s shoulder and she stood straight up again. 
  “I need your help, Coral.” Poseidon told Coral. “Anything for the God of the Sea” replied Coral, still in shock from talking with Poseidon.  “Good. Now listen carefully. I have been robbed. The gem of the sea has been taken  from my palace  I need you to go get it” Poseidon told Coral. “ Who would do such a thing?!” asked Coral Poseidon knew exactly who it was for the robber left a clue, a very important clue. The robber had left slimily footsteps whose webbed feet could only belong to Poseidon’s archenemy GillyBad.  GillyBad was not a man of his word. He lied, cheated, and even stole which in this case he did all. He lied about having a truce with Poseidon then he cheated on a game of poker and got the map of Poseidon’s castle and stole the gem of the sea. Poseidon knew that something like this would happen so he had protection 24/7 but he couldn’t figure out how GillyBad got pass the 10 guards. Then he remembered he that he knew where GillyBad lived because he had a guard follow him home.  “So Coral will you do it? Remember it will be very dangerous and hard and I am going to have to give you the power to breath under water and talk to the sea creatures.” Poseidon told Coral. “Fine but one condition. Cecilia and Acrist have to come with me. If I go I would want my best friends with me,  so you get all of us or none. I am sorry to say it but these two helped me and each other solve other mysteries on our island.” Coral replied to Poseidon. “Deal. Just put an end to GillyBad and his life of crime.” Poseidon agreed

Then Poseidon waved his arm and a bunch of water swept over them,  then the wave washed away as soon as it touched us. Then Poseidon gave them some seaweed on the edge of the shore. He sprinkled something sparkle and it turned into a sword with sapphires, emeralds, and rubies increased in the handle and there was writing on the blade that said, “Believe, it is a powerful thing”. Coral didn’t notice that Poseidon was speaking she was staring at the sword in amazement. “This sword you shall use when you encounter anything that you can’t defeat with out a weapon and the water gave you the power to breath and talk under water, Remember to look for the signs they will tell you important things that you must remember, they will help you on your journey.” Poseidon said. “I am amazed sir!  You trust amazing gifts and me with and let me go on this journey. I won’t let you down Sea Coral’s Promise” said Coral. The kids set off on their adventure swimming deeper and deeper into the sea seeing all types of sea creatures and sharks. Then they came to a rock with a face it spoke “I am the wisdom rock ask me any question and I will answer it may not make sense but it will along your journey.” Said the rock. “Okay I will go first. Will my mission be complete?” asked Coral “Your Journey will be long and take time don’t rush if you don’t your mission will be a success if you rush one of you may not make it out>” answered the rock, “okay my turn, Will my mind come again in the form of another?” asked Cecilia “ Indeed young one everyone’s mind is linked to another and your mind will come again but not in the form you think” the rock answered Cecilia “my turn I guess, Will my ideas ever work?” Acrist wondered “Yes but you will revise and they will work in a different way” the rock answered Acrist.

They continued their journey after thanking the rock. Then the came up to some seaweed that said” I am the seaweed of the truth, look at me and then I will tell you the truth inside of you” “let me look at you” talking to Acrist ”Okay?” answered Acrist confused “You, in you boy I see power and life and quite a brain up there and I see great success.” Said the rock “Gee thanks” said Acrist beaming. “You “ said the seaweed looking at Cecilia “you have a heart of gold you are nice kind and happy and you try and look at the best in everyone and Oh I see. Is something bothering you sweetheart?” “Actually yes I get these feeling and I feel something not good is going to happen” answered Cecilia “Don’t worry, just remember what you learn and believe, it is a powerful thing.” Then the seaweed disappeared

They continued on then they came to a cave in a mountain they went into the cave it was covered with gems, crystals, and gold. They saw a big amethyst gem on a golden stand surrounded by stalagmites. Acrist ran to it and picked it up and all of a sudden a huge rock came out of nowhere and almost ran over Acrist. “ACRIST!!!!” yelled Cecilia, Coral ran to her and pushed her out of the way and she couldn’t move she had could get ran over by the rock. “CORAL!!” yelled both Acrist and Cecilia crying and screaming. Cecilia fell to the ground say “I can’t, I can’t move on it hurts to much.”  “Yes, yes you can” answered Acrist, he picked up the sword and said “Believe, it is a powerful thing, you got to believe Cecilia, you have to.” Acrist spoke again. “Ok I will try” said Cecilia. They swam to the top and this wave pushed them all the way back to their island. “Poseidon” called Acrist “we have your gem!” added Cecilia.
  Poseidon came and asked where was Coral. They answered and Poseidon said “Oh. I will give you one thing; Sea coral it is will store her soul. It will be beautiful and give people hope. They thanked Poseidon and left. “I can’t believe what happened to coral! It is so sad we lost a girl we all cared about. She all was believed in everything and everyone.”  Said Cecilia “I know I just lost my sister my dear, dear, sister. She was always happy and I can still hear her laugh” replied Acrist

Then Coral woke up, “it was a dream all a dream! I am not dead!!” she ran down to the beach and saw these plants in the water she looked and saw her sword and sea coral. “So that’s what sea coral looks like!” then she heard a voice “Remember believe, it is a powerful thing.” Said a voice she looked up and saw Zeus smiling at her.   She mouthed “Thanks”; Zeus just smiled. “I have to go tell Acrist and Cecilia. Maybe they had the same dream!” said Coral to herself. She ran off and found her friends and told them and said to herself “Believe it is a powerful thing” and she smiled

This peice was written to provide the origin of Coral.  One time while at the beach with some younger friends, they asked me how coral was made.  Not knowing the scientific answer, I made up this story.