Alex Smith | Teen Ink

Alex Smith

November 6, 2014
By MCWarriorz BRONZE, San Jose, California
MCWarriorz BRONZE, San Jose, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As Alex walked into the bank vault, he surveyed the area as carefully as the naked eye could see.
Alex asked his father nervously as he walked toward the bank teller, “Have you reviewed the ‘Plan’?”
“Yes, but I have some doubts about it,” replied Bobby.
Alex detests anyone who offers their own opinion in his mastermind plans. He opened his mouth to protest, but he realized that the public was not the time to argue about a bank robbery.
Bobby walked to the first available teller, “Hello! I would like to deposit a large sum of cash into my account please and withdraw some valuables.”
Alex noticed that the bank teller immediately became nervous and inched toward the security alarm. His father was extremely fit and muscular, and tended to frighten most people he encounters.
The bank teller asked for Bobby’s bank number, PIN, and proof of ID.
“Of course, I only expect the best from this bank!” replied Bobby while handing over the required documents.
The bank teller relaxed when she verified that Bobby was who he claimed to be.
“All seems to be in order, please follow me to the vault.”
Bobby and Alex followed her to a highly advanced security checkpoint. Alex, posing as a regular high school student, took everything out of his backpack. The security guard became instantly alert, in case he was to produce a weapon, but Alex was one step ahead of the guard. In fact, Alex had hid a sniffer, multiple tools, NV googles, and a sub-machine gun in a hidden compartment covered by stealthonium, a new material Alex created which absorbs all waves, magnets, and heat signatures. After a pathetic and obviously rushed full body pat down produced by an amateur guard, Alex and Bobby passed the security checkpoint without a hitch. The bank teller led them to the vault.
“You will have approximately five minutes to deposit and withdraw whatever you need,” stated the bank teller.
Alex immediately became annoyed because of the time being wasted, and chose his words carefully, “Yes, I am familiar with the system, and obviously since you just regurgitated that from your memory after years of doing this job with no fluctuations, I’m afraid that you might not even know proper procedure. You’re supposed to leave our presence according to your policy, or is that too complex for your primitive mind and intelligence?”
“I’m sorry sir, I’l-l be-e on-n m-yy way now,” stammered the teller, while quickly backing out of the vault.
“Jeez Alex, can’t you be courteous just once? The poor guy looked like he was about to go into shock.”
“Let’s just get on with this, shall we Bobby?” replied Alex.
Bobby opened the vault slowly with his special, custom golden key. The key and lock were made from a private blacksmith in the Himalayas. He took his time depositing the cash and withdrawing valuables, as Alex proceeded to break pick the lock of his target. As a genius at age 16, Alex resorted to an exciting life of illicit criminal activities. After a world-class robber stole the Smith’s family vault, Alex was determined to get revenge on him after tracking down his identity. He opened the stealthonium case and took out his sniffer and stuck in through the silicon seal around the small door of his target’s vault. Once everything checked out inside the vault, he proceeded to pick the lock and retrieve approximately 15 billion USD in cash and the Mona De Sarah, the world’s most famous painting in the 23rd century. He immediately stuffed the valuables inside his backpack and gave Bobby a signal that he was done. Bobby quickly finished his “deposit and withdrawal”, and exited the vault.
“All finished?” Asked the bank teller.
“Yes, please escort us out of here ASAP. I have an important business meeting to attend to,” replied Bobby.
The two were escorted out of the vault, security checkpoint (without being searched again), and outside.
“Thank you, and have a nice day,” said the bank teller.
“Obviously, you really didn’t learn anything from what I told you,” muttered Alex under his breath.
Alex walked to the nearest 5-star restaurant, which happened to be “The Voila”, and proceeded to have lunch. His father had gone home and stashed all the valuables in a primitive safe area in their mansion. Alex ordered a Butter Lobster Thermidor, Shark Soup, and a Margarita (even though he was underage).
“ID, please,” asked the waiter.
“And why do you want my ID?” asked Alex.
“It is required by law to check a personnel’s ID if a waiter believes one is younger than 21 when ordering alcohol,” the waiter recited.
“So, are you trying to imply something? That I look like an irresponsible minor? For your information, I am of perfectly lawful age to be consuming alcoholic beverage.”
Alex feverishly dug out his real fake driver’s license which indicated that he was over 30 years old.
“Are you happy now?”
The waiter rapidly checked the ID and left. After 5 minutes of waiting for his food in the exquisite dining room, when his phone suddenly dinged at exactly 8398 hertz, alerting him that he received a text message. It was from his friend from school.
“Do you want to go to the movies later? A few new ones have come out.”
Alex sighed. He decided that movies were completely a waste of time and brain power, so he messaged his friend his opinion.
“No, I do not want to see 29.97 pictures being shown every second for about an hour. I am not interested in cheesy special effects and green screens when I can go to an exquisite restaurant like the one I’m in right now and enjoy delicacy’s which are actually worth my time and money.
“Dude, what the heck. Can’t you just be normal for once?” Then his friend went offline.
“Sir, here’s your Thermidor, Soup, and Margarita.” The waiter had come with his food.
“Thank you,” Alex replied,
Alex was starving and dug in. The Lobster Thermidor was juicy and perfectly seasoned, and the soup had a distinct seafood taste to it. The margarita was plain and unsatisfactory, so he demanded a refund for it.
“Yes sir, I will remove the cost from you bill,” the waiter agreed.
Within an hour, Alex finished his delicious meal and proceeded to pay. His receipt showed the incredible price of $26,263. He reached for his Siberian Tiger Wallet and took out his credit card and handed it to the cashier.
“Um, sir, this card is invalid. The scanner says that it’s a canceled card. Can you give me another payment method?”
Alex immediately became interested. He had used the card 2 hours ago to buy 100 9mm rounds from Walmart, and it worked perfectly. He proceeded to take out his SMG as he only had $10,000 cash.
“Excuse me cashier, but it seems I have no alternative payment method, so if I were you and wanted to live, I recommend that you suddenly remember me paying,” Alex forcefully shoved the SMG into the cashier’s gut.
Suddenly an alarm sounded, and Alex swore. He immediately got out his phone and used voice activation to call Bobby.
“Hey dad, I’m at the Voila restaurant, and I’m going to need some fire support. The police are coming, and I have to imagine that the owner would have some personal protection weapon,” requested Alex.
“I’m on my way,” Bobby dropped the call without another word.
A gunshot rang out. Then another. Obviously warning shots.
“ALRIGHT, EVERYONE ON THE GROUND, WE’VE GOT A REPORT OF ATTEMPTED MURDER HERE,” a police loudspeaker boomed out.
“Ok, looks like you’re asking me to practice my aiming,” muttered Alex.
Alex wasn’t proficient in any form or way in firearms, but he was taking martial arts with Bobby. Alex spotted a SWAT member in black Kevlar holding a M16. He sprinted towards the nearest table, flipped it over, and hid behind it as cover. He peeked up, only to see the SWAT member aiming the M16 at him. Alex quickly ducked under the thick redwood table and sprayed his SMG blindly for 3 seconds straight. The magazine clicked, indicating it was empty. Alex proceeded to reload his gun, when he realized that he left his magazines in his backpack, which was still at the cashier table.
Alex heard a stampede of military boots running towards him. The SWAT was alerted by the shots.
“WE ARE PERMITTED TO USE FORCE TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS IN HERE! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SURRENDER!”
Alex chuckled. He knew that if he surrendered, he would give some of his identity away and if he was captured, he would have a life sentence at Albatroy Extreme Security Correctional Facility, the world’s prestigious and more secure prison. He looked over the edge of the table and saw 3 SWAT members aiming their multitude of weapons at him, 10 yards away.
“May physics be on my side,” he thought.
Alex went prone and rolled into the open, opening fire. 1 shot. It missed. 2 shots, it hit someone’s leg. Shots were rapidly exchanged. Alex had a huge strategical advantage, allowing him to incapacitate 2 of the SWAT members. Alex quickly grabbed his pack and rolled back behind the safety of the upturned table with the last M16 blazing at him.
He reloaded an extended 60 round clip and waited for the last SWAT member to reload or fire. He waited. And waited. When he looked up, he saw the guy still aiming at him. Alex felt like the red laser on his forehead was actually boring into his skull.
Not a second too late, Alex dropped down just as the gun fired. He felt the wind lift up his hair as the bullet whizzed past his ear. Alex went to the sides of the table and returned fire, releasing a clean burst of lead. One managed to hit the person in the chest, but the Kevlar completely protected him. The SWAT member went around a corner for cover and fired again.
One bullet will mean the difference between life and death for Alex. That bullet happened to be an accidentally loaded armor piercing 5.56 inside a regular bullet cartridge. The AP round burst through the 2 inch thick table and hit Alex in the shoulder.
“Wow, maybe luck is a thing,” Alex thought before he went unconscious due to excruciating pain.