Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

October 22, 2014
By Bored_Unicorns GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas
Bored_Unicorns GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you love something, let it go: If it comes back it's your's; If it doesn't it never was


Marvel woke up in the afternoon under a willow tree in the forest.  The sun was shining bright through the trees and Marvel looked through the cracks in the forest.  What time was it?  Where was she?  Marvel was covered in dirt and some black fluid.  It had the consistency of blood but this wasn't blood.  It was some other unknown substance. 
        "Hello?" A soft voice pierced through the silence in the woods.
        Marvel recognized the voice and ran through the forest to find the source of the sound.  She saw a small pale girl wandering around the woods looking for someone to answer her calls.  She looked so frail and fragile, as though if you touched her, she would break into a million tiny little pieces of porcelain.  Marvel felt the urge to run after her, to chase her but when she tried to move she couldn't.  Marvel could hear twigs and leaves cracking behind her and she tried to look but her eyes were glued to the little girl.  She heard something big stomp on the ground as Marvel tried to twist and turn around but she couldn't.  No matter what she tried she couldn't move or turn or blink. 
        A beast crawled out of the trees and into the empty field where the girl stood spinning around in circles, her ribbons twisting around her dark brown hair.  The hairy monstrosity turned and looked directly at Marvel and she could swear she saw a grin on its face as it headed towards the girl.  Marvel tried to scream after her, but just as her body, her voice was paralyzed as well.  She couldn't speak.  Not even a whisper would come out of her mouth.
        Just as the monster got to the little girl a woman came out of the shadows of the forest.  She had a sword in one hand and some kind of colorful sparks coming out of the other.  She had black hair and her blue eyes shone in the light of the sun.  She threatened the beast but, to Marvel's surprise, did not bring harm to it.  The woman looked like an older version of Marvel herself. 
        The little girl screamed and the woman  pulled her back behind her.  The woman put the sword in the glittering hand and it looked as though it had been charged with electricity.  She ran towards the monster and jumped up to its throat with the sword.  She pierced through the skin and black liquid fell to the ground on the forest floor.  The monster screeched and fell to the ground, making everything around it jump up into the air.          "Are you okay?" The woman asked in a cool voice.  The little girl pulled out her ribbons and handed them to the woman,"Here.  Take these for a reward.  I know it's not much but it's something right?" The little girl said with a smile.
        "I don't need anything.  I am just happy I could help you," The woman replied giving the ribbons back to the little girl.  "What's your name?"
        "My name is Aurora Ententea.  What's your's?" Aurora asked the woman with a glint of curiosity in her eyes.
        "My name is Marvel Grey and I will always remember you Aurora," Marvel said and then took off through the e woods and looked over at the other Marvel, smiled, mouthed something, and then took off into the wilderness. 
        Marvel woke up, sweating and breathing heavily.  She threw her covers off and went to the bathroom.  She looked in the mirror and saw that her black hair was sprawled across her face, barely showing her blue eyes.  Her skin was pale and always had been.  No matter how many times she would lay out in the sun, her skin would never burn, but it would never tan either.  It was one of the many very weird things about Marvel.  She splashed water into her face and headed back to her bedroom.  She knew it was just a dream but she couldn't shake the feeling that it was more than that.  So much more than just a dream.