Dead As The Night | Teen Ink

Dead As The Night

By TheBombDotCom BRONZE, East Bend, North Carolina
TheBombDotCom BRONZE, East Bend, North Carolina

Every night I use to pray that I'd find my people, and finally I did on the open road. We had nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore, except to make our lives into a piece of art

Life isn’t that easy in the streets.  Tonight I’m going out for a kill. An assignment, that is what my boss likes to call them. Sometimes all I have to do is be the nanny, place the bomb, and simply walk away. Other times I take the men to a cheap motel from across the street and they take care of the rest.

That is not how it’s going to go down tonight. Tonight is a special night. I am being ‘promoted’ as if it was a special reward. I am going to be the one doing the kill. Soon enough I will be a connoisseur of doing what I do. One of the best female assassins there is in the world.

Before my father died he use to work for them. With my mom being gone it was a challenge for him , even more so was keeping his secret away from me. He was always so conscientious about his job and making sure I didn’t know about it. That was until he passed away. That was when everything started going downhill. The people he worked  for took me in as a ‘helper’ in exchange for a place to live. I didn’t have much of a choice. I was a 16 year old with no family members and nowhere to go. They made me disappear like every other person, or assignment, they dealt with. The difference is that I was kept alive while they vanished. They game me an new identity, Victoria Marsley, Simple and sweet.

I feel the breeze from the cold dark night . The plan is to simply: get rid of him. Not as easy as it sounds. He is tall, brown hair, green eyes, handsome, and tan skin. .I am not even sure why my boss wants him dead. I see him going in to the bar in the dark night. I have to dress casual in order for me to  not drag too much attention.

I go in to the bar and sit still. ‘Can I buy you a drink?’ Asked that guy sitting next to me. ‘No thank you’ I said with a smirk in my face. I need to keep my head straight.

I then start approaching him, handsome boy. ‘Well hello!’ I say. ‘Can I buy you a drink?’ he asks me. ‘Sure’ I reply. One drink couldn’t hurt.

After all the drinks he offers me a ride back to his place. As we are driving through the high I look out the window and picture my life. How much different it would be if I wasn’t involved in all of this. I use to feel a guiltiness after being involved in a kill. As time progresses the guilt just leaves me with nothing but emptiness. How will this affect me after I am done killing this guy? Taking someones life away just like that.

As we drive into his driveway I can see the big house and a fancy pool. This is my turn. I have to kill him now. He starts gripping my shoulder. He starts pressing my body against his.  I slowly take the gun from underneath my black dress. I slide it next to me, holding it next to his head, and pull the trigger. Bamb! Blood everywhere.            

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences