Plan B | Teen Ink

Plan B

By Jackson.Levin SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Jackson.Levin SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

My whole life flashed across my eyes in one second. That one second changed my life and I will never forget it. I was looking through the rainy window. Boom. You could hear the gunshot ring out, piercing through the air. Point Blank. It was a direct hit to his heart, my brother’s heart. He died that day. But he will not die in vain. I have made it my personal mission to find whoever did this and kill him with my bare hands. I will rip his heart out just like he did mine. I could have made a difference that day. The Russian Intelligence never wanted him to go, said he wasn’t ready. I disagreed, I should have listened. That should have been me out there today. I will never forgive myself for that. Now I have to avenge his death. I have decided to leave the agency and work on my own. I’ll be fine on my own. I did it till I was 9 anyway. I have made my connections over the years. I am going to Aspen, Colorado. That is where the killer lives. And I promise you one thing. I will kill him. But it will be a slow painful death.

The Beginning

63. That’s all they gave me. My only clue, I don’t even know what it means. All I know is that it is important in my brother’s death. Something I was not supposed to know about. That night when my brother died. The killer saw me. He ran but he dropped a little piece of paper with that number on it. I know it’s my only chance of finding him. I need more information. It’s rotting at me and I can’t take it. Before I left the agency I took some secret files. They have been looking of the killer for over three months. I needed all the information I could get. That is where I found out where he lived. I have been there before. Before I joined the agency, I had to train up in the mountains. It is a great place to hide for a coward like him, up in the mountains where he thinks he is off the grid. But he isn’t off my radar yet. And he never will be. No matter how hard he tries I will always be one step ahead of him. And I will not let him kill anyone else. It is my mission to get to him.

The Journey

I’m getting closer, I know it. I keep getting these weird messages though. They are all anonymous. But I know who they are from. He is trying to get closer to me. He knows I am looking for him. All the messages are intimidating. If you keep looking for me you will end up like your bratty little brother. Keep searching and you won’t be alive much longer. They are all like that. They aren’t scaring me though.
Just angering me. My rage is growing and he thinks that it is helping him. Oh he doesn’t know how wrong he is. I will single handedly tear him to shreds and shoot him with the same gun that killed my brother. So you know what, keep sending me these messages. I will only use them against you. I have actually already tried locating where the messages are being sent from. Whoever this guy is, he knows what he’s doing. I can’t find anything. I just can’t crack the code. Not only on this but on the whole mystery itself. Like what was he doing that made him a target to the Russians and why did he kill my brother. I need answers. And I think I know where to get them. I’m going back to where I started. Up in the mountains to the camps. The camps where I learned.

Camp

All I remember about this place was how much I dreaded it. I never looked forward to getting up each morning. I didn’t have a choice though. It was all I had. Anyways, I need to find someone. Someone who can help me. I think I know who to go to but I’m not certain. I need to find out if the killer has any connection to this place.

The Connection

I found who I was looking for. He told me many things. I remember him from when I was a child. I learned some things today, some things I wish I hadn’t heard. I knew this guy, this killer. I knew him as a child. And not only that, he was my partner, my friend. It’s all coming back to me. We came to the camp at the same time, both really confused and scared. We made a pact to always stick together. Until one day, the day he turned dark. I remember this night like it was yesterday. I heard the bell ringing. There was an emergency. I ran to headquarters and I found something I will never be able to forget. Our master, our leader was dead. There was a knife plunged right through his heart. After that, everything was a blur. The one thing I remember from that night was that wicked horrifying smile. It was him. The killer. He just stood there smiling. I knew it was him. He left that night and I never saw him again, until now. I don’t know how I ever could have forgotten him. I did learn some more valuable information though. Information that could help me find this monster. He made some friends while we were at camp. Some of them were still there. They gave me an address. They said they didn’t know what it meant, just that he said if they ever needed him that he would be there. So now I have the address. I just have to figure out what to do with it.

The Beginning of the End

This was the beginning of something big. I knew I was almost there. I know exactly where this guy lives. Now it’s just a question of what do I do next. I know he won’t be alone. He probably has guards all of over the place. But I have an army of my own. I made some friends back in the agency. Some friends extremely skilled in combat. This guy has no idea what he’s in for. First things first, I need to plan out how to get there and when to go.

Final Destination

This is do or die. If I don’t kill him first, then he will kill me. We’re in the helicopter right now and we’re on the move. Three miles left until go time. I have my squad and we’re ready to go. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t let my brother die without revenge. And I am going to keep that promise. Ok we’re here. Go time. “Snipers at the ready!” We have people set up all around the base of the mansion, ready for anything. It was just like I thought. He has guards creeping around everywhere. I am the the only one who will actually be traveling on foot into the place. If anyone gets killed it should be me. But I won’t let that happen. We made a plan. The whole place is made of glass and windows. We have a perimeter of snipers set up all over the place if I get into any trouble. I don’t want any help though. I need finish this by myself.
“Snipers!” Ok they are ready. It’s time for me to go in.
“What are you doing here? Who are you” asked the dark figure.
“ My name is Jackson, you killed my brother”
“Oh poor little boy. I have a killed many people. You think I take the time to remember them?” said the man.
“Well do you remember me? Or how about our master?”
“No... It can’t be.” said the man.
“ Yes, you killed my brother, my leader, and my heart. Now I will kill you”
I lunged toward the man. But it was too late. He pulled a gun out of his pocket and held it towards my heart. I heard my snipers through my earpiece. I said wait. I have to finish this. Before I got the chance to finish my sentence, he shot me directly in my chest. It felt like like I was carrying an unlimited amount of pressure on my chest. But I knew I only had a little time left. I still remembered my promise. I told myself I would avenge my brother. So with all the strength I had left, I pulled the dagger out of my pocket. I said “My name is Jackson Levin. You killed my brother. Now I will kill you.” I plunged it deep through his heart. I gave him that same sick smile he gave me when he killed the people I loved. I wanted it to be the last thing he would ever see. I am with my brother now, at a happier place. I died that day. But I made myself proud. My brother died for a reason, and he did not die in vain. I avenged his death, and my life is complete. Agent Levin... Out.