Abduction | Teen Ink

Abduction

By Cole Bontrager BRONZE, Bargersville, Indiana
Cole Bontrager BRONZE, Bargersville, Indiana

Zach was a normal boy with a normal life. He played some sports and did okay in school. His parents and other family members were the same as most. Every day he went to school, came home, and did his homework like everyone else. Everything in Zach’s life was completely normal. Nothing special ever happened to Zach. That is, until the aliens came.

The boy woke up to droning noise filling the room around him. He opened his eyes and discovered he was strapped to a table. Struggling, he managed to unstrap his left hand. Strange machinery with flashing lights surrounded him. Using his left hand, he slowly unstrapped the rest of his body. Zach found what seemed to be a laser gun on top of a metal box. He decided to keep it, just in case. The door started to slide open and Zach quickly hid behind the box. A weird creature stepped into the room and started yelling in another language. The creature walked on four legs and its skin was red and black. It had four eyes and a long spiked tail. A red glow surrounded the gun, and Zach wanted to shoot the alien. He looked around the box, only to find that the alien was leaving. As it ran out the door, an alarm sounded.

Zach panicked and looked outside the door. There was a long hallway filled with purple doors. He saw one of the creatures coming toward his room, so he ran to the left. Staying out in the hallway was dangerous, so he went into a random door. It was a triangular shaped room with a large window at the end of it. There was also a metal hatch on the floor in the center of the room. Zach looked out the window and gasped. Whatever he was in was orbiting Mars. His only hope was to find some sort of escape pod to get back to Earth. He pulled on the hatch, but it appeared to be locked. As the door slid open, one of the creatures came out from another door. It screamed and sprinted toward Zach.
He quickly went back into the room and tugged on the hatch as hard as he could. Suddenly, it swung open and the alien tackled him down into the hatch. The creature’s weight slammed Zach into a glass table and his laser gun flew out of his hands. Shards flew across the room. Howls of pain came from the alien as he stumbled backward, trying to avoid the glass. While it was distracted, Zach crawled to the laser gun and pointed it at the creature. He pulled the trigger and a blood red beam pierced the alien’s chest. Its entire body disintegrated and all that was left was a pile of dust. Zach looked around the room. The room was square with a door on each wall.

Immediately, Zach chose a random door and walked through it. Inside there was a circular green hatch. He pulled it open easily and climbed inside. The new room was a sphere with a control panel. There was a large green button on the panel that Zach pressed. Lights all around the room lit up, and it suddenly ejected from the rest of the spaceship. He realized that he finally found the escape pod! A map of the solar system was displayed on the control panel, and Zach pressed on Earth. As the pod adjusted its course, Zach smiled; he would get back home safely.