Adventures in Absurdity (With Jamarkus the Sea Porpoise) | Teen Ink

Adventures in Absurdity (With Jamarkus the Sea Porpoise)

By YourYooper SILVER, Marquette, Michigan
YourYooper SILVER, Marquette, Michigan

Absurdity was an odd little town, a population of twelve and a half mammals, with societal goldfish, all of which were prone to flash mobs and twerking. It was located near the depths of the Pacific Ocean, barely 20,000 leagues under the sea. Here lived Jamarkus. His residence was a house angled sideways and to the left (and because of this, he was never right). His neighbors included Bobby Gnat, Franklin Platypus, and James Cornelius Badger III.
Jamarkus loved his town of Absurdity. Every day he would swim around saying “hello” to everyone he’d meet. “Hi, Arthur,” he said to the Barracuda sitting at a knick-knack booth on the side of the current. “My name is Ferdenando, how many times do I have to tell you?!” Jamarkus shrugged his blubbery shoulders. “You’re an idiot,” Ferdenando said. “No, I’m a porpoise!” After he said this, he went back onto the current and swam away.
Nobody seemed to know what Jamarkus really was-idiot, nuisance, crazy porpoise who keeps stealing the onion bagels from the bagel shop. Everyone seemed to have a different name for him. This bothered our little Jamarkus.
Eventually, he had had enough of it. He started swimming towards the business coincidentally called “The Place You Can Go Change Your Name Once You Finally Get Tired Of Being Called Other Names.” On his way there, he passed Ferdenando again. “Hi, Bob,” he said, and then he kept on swimming. The only problem was, once he got there, the building was missing!
“Did I make a wrong turn?” he thought. But then he looked up and saw that the entire building was being taken away by a giant alien-manned submarine. “Noooooo!” Jamarkus cried. And so he chased after it as fast as he could.
TO BE CONTINUED…. (Stay tuned for next time when Jamarkus gets slapped in the face by a baby seal!)