The Deserted Island | Teen Ink

The Deserted Island

December 12, 2013
By JustinProtzman BRONZE, Grimes, Iowa
JustinProtzman BRONZE, Grimes, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you build it they will come"


When I turned 21 I took a cruise, which was scariest day of my life. About two days on the cruise the power went out. The captain told us to not worry. One day later the boat flipped and only me and two of my friends survived. Those people were Cade and Steve. We were screaming bloody murder. We swam for about five days but that’s when the sharks came.
As we were swimming I saw something in the air that looked familiar but I couldn’t think of the animal. When suddenly Steve started screaming. Suddenly he got whipped underwater. Then I realized they were sharks! I started screaming, “sharks. “ When blood rushed to the surface but that’s when I realized that the sharks had just killed Steve. His body fell limp above the water. I was terrified when Cade started screaming,” the shark got my arm.” I saw the super pale bloody arm float to the surface, but that’s when I saw the island, which looked like people were on. I started helping cade to the island, which was about two miles away.
After an hour of swimming we arrived at the island. But that’s when I realized it was deserted. I saw people bones everywhere. There was food everywhere though. There were bananas and coconuts everywhere and I even saw a deer. Before I worried about anything I had to help cade because he lost his arm, which by the way was his left arm. I helped him to a shady area that had a bunch of food. After two days of rest for cade I found a cave to sleep in.
Cade was feeling a little better now. So we got up in search of food. We found a big coconut tree and banana tree. I climbed the tree since cade couldn’t. That night we had a feast on coconuts and banana’s.

The next day I went hunting for deer. When I was out there hunting with the bow I made I saw a big helicopter fly over the island. I started waving my hands and screaming extremely loud. Cade heard my scream from the other side of the island. But, the helicopter didn’t see me! At that point I was really mad and hungry. I finally thought to just have coconuts and bananas tonight. When I got to the big banana tree it was extremely dark.

Cade and I were hungry though so I started climbing the tree for bananas. When I got to the top my footing slipped because it started pouring down rain. That’s when the pain struck it felt like a million needles being stuck into my leg. It was the most painful moment of my life.

Part 3- I started screaming for my life. Cade rushed over to help me, and he started carrying me back to the cave, which took a very long time because Cade as you know only has one arm. When we got back to the cave the fire ants started biting which was astonishly painful. I realized I broke my leg.

When I woke up the next morning the real pain came, because I had no actual pain until. Two later I shot my fist bear. The seven days later I went fishing and caught a gigantic fish. It feed us for five weeks straight. I wanted to go to the big volcano so we started our journey. I incountered four mountain lions and that’s when me and cade got separated.

I got lost and couldn’t find Cade . So I started screaming his name but he just wouldn’t answer! Then the loudest sound I ever heard came from the top of the mountain. It howled like a wolf on steroids. I realized that the mountain wasn’t a mountain it was a volcano. The lava rushed down the mountain so I ran as fast as I could the other way.
Part 4- When I woke up after falling down and being nocked unconscious. When I woke up that’s when the lava hit me. As I tried to move I just couldn’t. I could feel my legs slowly disintegrating. I was yelling when this helicopter flew over top and started landing on the island. I was yelling loudly despite my legs being burnt to a crisp. I physically couldn’t move at all. I was running on adrenaline right now to stay alive. But slowly I was getting knocked unconscious. When I got in the helicopter I woke up is what I was told. Suddenly I looked out the window and I saw a orange jacked and arms waving in the air. Well, I wasn’t thinking straight so I couldn’t think of who it was.

That’s when I thought of it. It’s Cade! I started screaming at the pilot. He listened to me and landed the helicopter. I was yelling Cade and his head poped over the hill and started running towards the helicopter yelling. We started back to the USA. And that’s why im talking to this crowd of you all today. I lone surviver now after the passing of Cade a year later from a car crash that because he got ran into by a big semi.


The author's comments:
I thought to write an adventure and that is what I did.