My Ultimate Demise | Teen Ink

My Ultimate Demise

By LetiPointeBallet BRONZE, Oregon House, California
LetiPointeBallet BRONZE, Oregon House, California

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to conquer it."

-Anonymous

It was an ocean, an expanse of blue so wide that I couldn't see the end. Its expanse frightened me; made me think about falling through its depths.
The wind was picking up, moving clouds towards a point untouched by the sun's rays. It got stronger, its tendrils blowing sand into my wide-open eyes. With admiration, I observed the show nature was putting on just for me.
But then, lightning lit the sky. The sun was smothered by a homicidal gray cloud that sneaked upon it from behind. The wind was no longer a playful tug at my clothes; it was now threatening to push me into the churning waves. I felt a pang of worry.
Before I could do anything, a jagged bolt snaked down from the sky and touched me with its incandescent tendrils. Heat flared, my hair and clothes sizzled, the ocean raged on without caring. Darkness enveloped me, and the sound of waves rocked me to sleep.

Funny how I didn't feel a thing.

Lightning is an amazing burst of might and power, don;t you think?

on Jun. 3 2013 at 11:41 pm
PurpleBrass1st SILVER, Duncan, Oklahoma

Today you are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no alive who is YOUER than YOU! - Dr. Seuss

This was a very good piece of writing. I am a ballet dancer too! :) I hope you can take the time to read and rate my work as well!