Justified | Teen Ink

Justified

By VitamAeternam PLATINUM, Fenton, Michigan
VitamAeternam PLATINUM, Fenton, Michigan

“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”
― Cassandra Clare

The car lurched forward as he slid the stick into gear. He let go of the clutch and slammed his foot onto the gas pedal. The engine shot the car forward and let out a deafening roar. The car bolted onto the off ramp of the highway straight into oncoming traffic. The man handled the steering wheel with the precision of a surgeon, weaving through the oncoming traffic, just barely missing the infuriated drivers. He flipped a switch on the ceiling of the Audi and immediately the sides of the car burst into light. The sides emitted neon red and blue. The drivers on the highway knew better than to get in his way now. He glanced at the GPS on the dash and saw the flashing red light approaching on its screen. His gloved hands squeaked as he tightened his grip in anticipation. The cars slid off the highway and slammed into the side-rail. But he kept his eyes forward, focused on the traffic, searching for his prize. The GPS beeped as the red dot closed in. It was only 300 yards from him now. 250… 200…150… 100... 50. Just as it hit fifty yards the man punched a button in-between the seats and was flattened to the bottom of the car. The floor of the car instantaneously fell out and hit the road sending sparks flying into the air. The man watched as his car slammed into a small black sedan. The sedan flipped over the mans now totaled car and barreled into the highway, landing on its back bumper first. The momentum carried it back around again and onto its front side. It soared over the man then rolled to a stop grinding against the pavement. He slowly got up from the floor of his car and walked over to the smashed sedan. A bloodied hand reached out of the smashed window and pulled the handle. The door opened and the figure fell out onto the road. He attempted to push himself up with his hands but failed and fell back to the asphalt. The other man slowly approached him with his hand in his black leather jacket. A crowd had gathered around the crash site and was watching the man as he approached the car. When he reached it he pulled out a small handgun from his jacket and pointed it at the man lying in the road. He turned his head around to see the gun pointing straight at him. His eyes went wide and he was about to say something but was cut short by the other man.
“You have been found guilty of Illegal drug sale, illegal drug use, kidnapping and murder. All crime in our city is punishable by death.”
The shot echoed down the highway, sending chills through the crowd. The man’s head fell to the ground making a wet "thunk" as it smacked the blood splattered pavement.
The crowd began to disperse and get back into their cars.
The man walked toward the shoulder and pulled out his radio from his jacket.
"Command, perp is dead. What should I do with the body?"
"Throw it off the highway." Responded a cold voice.

Justice is a dish best served cold.

on May. 22 2013 at 8:43 pm
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Apparently "a.ss" is censored x-x.....anyways, bad A.SS, I loved it! Very action packed and suspenseful, good job!

on May. 22 2013 at 8:42 pm
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

Dang.....bad ASS.......I like it XD. Very action packed and suspenseful, good job

JRaye PLATINUM said...
on May. 21 2013 at 5:56 pm
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

Wow! So good! I love how discreet and mysterious it was at the beginning, the namelessness made it more entertaining, blunt and to the point. Love the message you're conveying here, too. Keep up the good work! :)

on May. 20 2013 at 3:17 pm
SunnyDreams BRONZE, Niger Falls, Other

Can you feel what I have seen, when no one else has lived through what I have?-HalveOfLife

this is so true