Kentucky

Pant, pant, pant, just keep running, don’t look back, don’t stop, don’t think about it. All these thoughts racing through my mind as I race on. I come to a sudden stop and drink water, so cool that I felt better quickly. I was then draped in roses. This is my life, my goal, my love and passion. I want to do this for as long as I can. I love it, the strength, agility, loyalty, and passion it takes. It’s all so great! I am a horse, and I just won the Kentucky Derby! Not the Louisiana Derby or the Santa Anita Derby or the Florida Derby, no, the Kentucky Derby. Kentucky is my home, and I love it here!

Realjay41This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:16 pm
Have you heard of the legend of Headless Annie? Or any of the other ghosts of Kentucky?

Proud PopPop said...
May 5, 2013 at 7:38 am
The excitement and feelings of joy are so genuine and delightful to read. Keep up the Good Work.

DerbyFan said...
What a wonderful piece! I especially like the first line - I bet it's just what a horse would think as he's racing on the Downs. Good job!