Kentucky | Teen Ink

Kentucky

By AlexM14 SILVER, Prospect, Kentucky
AlexM14 SILVER, Prospect, Kentucky

Pant, pant, pant, just keep running, don’t look back, don’t stop, don’t think about it. All these thoughts racing through my mind as I race on. I come to a sudden stop and drink water, so cool that I felt better quickly. I was then draped in roses. This is my life, my goal, my love and passion. I want to do this for as long as I can. I love it, the strength, agility, loyalty, and passion it takes. It’s all so great! I am a horse, and I just won the Kentucky Derby! Not the Louisiana Derby or the Santa Anita Derby or the Florida Derby, no, the Kentucky Derby. Kentucky is my home, and I love it here!

I love Kentucky, and I enjoy watching horse racing so I wanted to write a piece that shows how I feel about Kentucky and the Derby.

Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
Have you heard of the legend of Headless Annie? Or any of the other ghosts of Kentucky?

Proud PopPop said...
on May. 5 2013 at 7:38 am
The excitement and feelings of joy are so genuine and delightful to read. Keep up the Good Work.

DerbyFan said...
What a wonderful piece! I especially like the first line - I bet it's just what a horse would think as he's racing on the Downs. Good job!