Book preview- Zombie Nation | Teen Ink

Book preview- Zombie Nation

By Jazei SILVER, Warminster, Pennsylvania
Jazei SILVER, Warminster, Pennsylvania

"It takes a long time to say anything, and we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say" -Tree from Lord of the Rings II: Two Towers film

Prologue-
I never thought it would happen, at least not now. You would expect that these types of things would never happen in your lifetime. I thought this would happen in a few hundred more years. Yet, here I am, half crushed by a dead helicopter, watching a million zombies climb up to me. I looked up across the grassy field, at the setting sun. Out of the yellow bled colors into the sky, pink and orange until red turned to purple, and purple turned to black, the sun disappeared. The first pulled himself over the edge, and sat up on the tip of the cliff. He was a boy, maybe four years old. His hands were caked in blood. His mouth has seen many bodies. He looked at me, curious at first, then his eyes became hungry, and he silently stood up, and began walking towards me. As he got closer, I could see his legs, the rotted flesh and red skin. For now, I felt no fear, or pain. I couldn’t even feel my legs, underneath a few tons of metal, my body slammed and sprawled on the rocks. The boy knelt down next to me, and lifted my hand. I closed my eyes and began to pray. My hand touched something wet, his tongue. Then, he bit me.

Small sample of a book I'm writing called Zombie Nation. Let me know what you think!