Bootleggers | Teen Ink

Bootleggers

By Dblues BRONZE, Romulus, Michigan
Dblues BRONZE, Romulus, Michigan

BOOTLEGGERS

New York City 1925 during the Harlem renaissance were African American were moving up society. Then there were some black like the Donnelly brothers who were all educated but lazy that’s why they cheated through life. Their actions that they chose led them to fame, jealousy, and destruction. Ron the oldest brother was tuff tall and good with weapons, Jordon aka “j” was the second oldest the type of person that was quick up on his feet. Then the last two brothers were Dario and Aj they were in separable they were only a year apart these two were the smooth cool dudes they both always wear the first fedoras that their father gave them and they were both jazz musicians.

As the four brothers go to the warehouse to see if there liquor is ready a guy by the name of Don Carlo is waiting for them and then they were shocked because this is the number 1 bootlegger in the city and all they had was a small operation. Each and every one of them thought they were going to get whacked. But Don Carlo came to them with a proposal and said if you sell for me you make more money then you will possibly imagine so the Donnelly brothers didn’t hesitate at the offer. So without the week they were provided with a bigger warehouse, trucks, and weapons. Then after 6 months the cash starts to roll in the brothers made their 1st million dollars.

Another 6 months coast by and the Donnelly brothers are riding high but they have bigger worries the newly born FBI are on the case and now they can no longer cross stateliness if they do it will be federal offense. As Don Carlo goes to the warehouse and tell the Donnelly’s how stupid can they be to get on the cops radar but Ron doesn’t take to kind to the disrespect so the two have a heated argument and before Carlo left he said you and your brothers better watch all of your backs cause now it’s all out war . When another 2 months pass the brothers had went to the mattresses which means the all stay in 1 apartment and had to sleep on the floor and all the windows had to be boarded up.

When the war escalates and gets out of control the Carlo family killed anybody who looked at the Donnelly brother or who knew about their whereabouts. The Donnelly brothers were in disarray and this was the brother’s downfall they folded under pressure and wasn’t making smart decisions. They were being sloppy with their bootleg shipments getting more on the cop’s radar. So one the Donnelly’s close family friend name Joe he got some information that an inditement is coming down on the brothers. He told the brothers that there facing the electric chair the brothers have a plan to escape but it’s too late the cops surround the house so the brothers had no choice but to grab their tommys and go out guns blazing.