Infection: Prologue | Teen Ink

Infection: Prologue

July 19, 2012
By rukkust BRONZE, Moss Bluff, Louisiana
rukkust BRONZE, Moss Bluff, Louisiana
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We're all stories in the end, so let's make it a good one, eh?"


Ugh just another boring day in class! Everyday it's the same thing, me and my friend Seth just sit in the back of the class and pretend to listen to our asshole of a teacher Mr. Robertson. I thought our junior year was supposed to be great! Hell, I thought high school itself was supposed to be great. But nothing exciting ever even happens here! There aren't even that many school fights. I leaned over to Seth, "Hey you ready for this weekend?" I whispered. "Hell yeah man, you know it! Just don't get me in trouble right now though." he said back. I rolled my eyes and sat forward only to notice that my teacher was waiting on me with an angry look on his face. "Do you and Mr. Lyons have something you'd like to share with the rest of the class? "Uhh..." I hesitated. "We'll it doesn't really concern you but if you must know I'm thinking about screwing Stacy tonight." Seth finished for me, getting a laugh out of the entire class and causing Stacy Winters to blush. But it was one of those jokes that everyone seems to find funny except for the teacher. "That kind of attitude will get you nowhere in life Mr. Lyons!" said Mr. Robertson. "It got me to second base with my ex!" he replied. But before mister Robertson could say anything the bell rang and everyone left the room. "Seth, may I have a word with you!" Mr. Robertson demanded. "Sure Mr. R." he said. "I'm tired of you demeaning me in front of my class, so the next time you disrespect me I will have to give you a week of detention." said the teacher. "Yes sir." replied Seth as he walked out the room and met up with me. "Well the weekend's finally here! You know what that means!" I said. "Camping trip! Woo!" he replied. "I'll call the girls you bring the beer?" I asked. "Sounds like a plan to me" Seth said. A few hours passed and we were out at my favorite camp site in the middle of nowhere. "Okay Seth, this is my girlfriend Amy and her friends Brooke and Haley." I said pointing to each individual girl. "Hey ladies!" said Seth, in his so called smooth voice, "Can you handle your liquor?" I was busy setting up one of the tents when this happened but Seth swears up and down that one of the girls were already flirting with him. "You'll just have to find that out for yourself, now won't you." Brooke stepped toward Seth. Later that night we were all having a good time listening to music and drinking our brain cells away, Seth had one of the girls in his tent so I guess she must have been flirting with him. I was too busy talking to Amy to worry about him. I honestly don't remember much from that night though so I guess I'll end it there. But what happened next still blows my mind. Just trying to remember even living through that experience makes it feel like nothing more than a bad dream.