To Give You Wings ( An Inroduction and First Chapter)

I crumbled the sheet of paper that he gave me before he left. In it, was a letter in black ink; where he instructed every detail of our future. It read:

I can't stay here any longer. It's not safe. I've lived long enough to understand my responsibilities and this is one of them. This is the time I have to leave. This is when I go on. Go into hiding Abby. Run into the woods where the oak tree sits, and behind the large oak tree, I've left some weapons you may need to fight them off. I've also built a cottage just west of the lake. It's very difficult to spot under the leaves I placed on top, so keep your eyes open. Stay there until they're gone. Take care of John and mother and promise me you won't leave the woods. I hope to see you soon.

~ Liam

And that was the last time I heard from my brother. After a year of living in the small cottage, and hunting wild life as our food source, John began to grow stronger and stronger. But as days went on, and every prayer was said, Liam was nowhere to be found. I decided it was time to hunt. But not for food.