Creation Myth | Teen Ink

Creation Myth

By Superpoon69 BRONZE, Yelm, Washington
Superpoon69 BRONZE, Yelm, Washington

It all started when the world existed only as basic colors. This was a time before colors had been mixed, infused, and blended together. Long ago, the four basic color tribes lived amongst each other in peace and harmony. The blacks; advanced as they were, were master architects and prodigies of astronomy, creating innovative tools of prediction. The whites; creative and artistic. They painted beautiful murals and structures as well as acting as the peacemakers of the spectrum. The yellows; hunters and masters of the land, could easily find food and shelter. Often times the yellows were long distance traders, bringing exotic goods from tribe to tribe. The blues; natives to the sea and inventors of navigation as we know it. As masters of their craft, they were seen as the great mystery of the world. They constructed elaborate undersea monuments, and remnants of a civilization have been discovered at the bottom of the ocean. But at some point in time, they vanished completely. It was seen as a huge beam of light, with unseen and unimaginable colors, erupting from the sea. “The Big Burst” is what it’s been called through out time. Passed on from generation to generation, the tales became more exaggerated each time and began to mix into each tribes culture. The event became unique in its own way to their people, and held different meanings. The actual events have been lost throughout time, kept forever buried in the ruins of the ancients deep underground. Scattered across the world, they’re said to have withered to dust, as all things eventually do.