Last Words.

Anna’s shrieks echoed in the empty room, along with the loud crack of the 9mm glock. My right side felt warm and moist. I looked at my hand to see it painted red. The interloper froze in shock, as I stumbled towards him, keeping my composure. The black ski mask hid his identity from me, but I knew who he was, I knew exactly who he was. My feet felt wobbly with each step, but the adrenaline kept me going, kept me fighting. I rushed him tackling him to the ground, smashing the glass from the broken window that he had entered from. A flurry of punches found their way to his face. The intruder hit me with the butt of his gun, making me roll off of him. Kicks to my chest followed through. I saw the glint of one of the shattered pieces of glass calling out to me, offering me salvation. I grabbed it and stabbed his thigh, giving me the opportunity to deal the final blow. And with a mighty roar, I slashed his neck. The man stood still as Death descended down upon him, and collected his soul, then waited for mine.
I fell to my knees trying to keep myself stable. Slowly, I felt the life draining out of me and dripping onto the floor. Anna hurried to my side, saying sweet words that I couldn't hear. Then with a thud, my cold body hit the tile. I focused on the picture of Anna and I that was hung on the wall. We looked happy then, and life looked so perfect.
“I love you Anna.” And a shudder went through her heart as mine stopped. This is how my life ended, inside her womb is how my legacy will continue.

keziahseverything said...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:10 pm:
i love it just like mysticindigo said how u are able to create such a vivid picture its just amazing to me.

Black_Moon said...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:10 pm:

i like the way you say things indirectly.. i know nothing about fiction writing.... but still, i think it is a great work....

MysticIndigo said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:07 pm:
I love how you're able to take words and paint such a vivid picture of the scene you're trying to describe. Really nice work!