The Final Chase | Teen Ink

The Final Chase

By SmirkingWriter BRONZE, Pillsbury, Iowa
SmirkingWriter BRONZE, Pillsbury, Iowa

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

The landscape was flashing by faster than the sensors could interpret it. Though still not fast enough. He gave the aero-bike more speed. She was gaining ground on him; getting further and further away every second.

Her trail had gone cold just that morning. He didn’t know how she did it. Every time he was close, she’d disappear- go undercover. And he’d have to wait until she resurfaced, and sometimes that took months. Months that he didn’t have this time. He had been given the ultimatum. Either it was going to be him, or her.

And he wasn’t going down without a fight.

A flash of red caught his eye as he sped past a boulder. He quickly turned 180 and zoomed back. Though she was on foot and had no chance of out running him, she had the almost uncanny ability to hide anywhere. Not this time- He thought to himself.

He switched on the infrared sensors he had installed specifically for this mission and began a wide sweep of the area. The results showed nothing and his heart skipped a beat, afraid that he had wasted precious seconds on nothing.

But, there! A semi-cloaked crouched figure was edging away from his sensor range. He could barely make it out on the sensor screen, but when he looked directly towards the form, his could see the distinctive red hair that gave her away every time.

Gotcha.

Bobbie said...
on May. 25 2012 at 4:13 pm
This is so cool! It reminds me of a scene from a movie!

Mathias said...
on Feb. 25 2012 at 10:08 am
Mathias, Evansville, Wisconsin

"All great things are worth waiting for"

This sounds more like a concept than a story. And that's a good thing. It's well written with a sense of urgency in the writing, and I find it very interesting.