Truths Unknown

My name is Angelina Cox, and if you are reading this, I am so very sorry. This is something that I have hoped that no one would ever come by. I don’t have a lot of time to explain, so let me give you the general idea of what is going on. If you look around you right now, everything is probably in ruin. There are probably many enemies closing in as well. The reason why all of this is happening is because of what my friends and I did. I suppose I should explain what happened.
A couple of months ago, I was still living in The Facility; the only place left on this rotting planet with a sense of order and community. It was my home for a very long time, and I loved it. That all changed when I found out that The Facility had secrets- dark ones. I told anyone who would listen. The Facility was corrupt. People would tell me to stop spreading rumors; such stories would get me into trouble. The only problem was that they weren’t stories- they were the truth.
I have been taught, ever since I was a little girl, that lies would make you crash and burn and the truth would help you soar. You might be familiar with the little rhyme, “Oh, what tangled webs we weave when at first we practice to deceive”. That is a major clue that will help you restore the peace to our lives, but unfortunately it is one of very few. I would tell you the nitty-gritty details but it is too late, everything is burning, my supplies are low.
What you really need to know is that The Facility is now panicked. They think that with their positions’ as rulers at stake, killing all those who believe me will solve the problem. If you choose to follow through with the quest that I am about to give you, then know that you now have a target on your head.
There is a leather-bound book with a brown string tie that is hidden at a location that The Facility does not know about. That book is my diary and within it are my recordings of the days when I found out about The Facility and what I tried to do about it. Read through it; try to find anything that can get us one step closer to bringing them down.
Pay close attention when you are scouring the pages for information, for within that book I wrote down another location that will lead you to your final clue. From there, you will know where to find me. We will work together; two heads are better than one.

Good luck, Stranger. And watch your back.

futurenovelistaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's a good idea for a story, and with a little work, I could see it being something big! Keep at it!

ShadowRealms said...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:12 am:
I liked it, but it did not flow. It is a good CONCEPT for a story, but I can't see it being one unless you make it flow better. The sentences seemed strung together and the narrator kept repeating things. She didn't seem very serious, or gloom-and-doom. I hope that helps:) and it will be good once those few errors are fixed. But I am a bit confused as to what happened. Is this a post-apocolypse? Why is the world in ruin?

-Kal- said...
Kinda reminds me of a series by Rick Riordan. If you haven't read it, that is a compliment. If you have, be careful. Lol

recurring_resilience said...
In my honest opinion, you have a good concept for a story but the narration isn't believable. Some of the sentence cause issues with the flow and the narrator comes across as a bit kiddish and not very grave...

alex_goldThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 21, 2012 at 3:02 pm :
ok thanks, i will take that under advisement for the next time that i am writing. :)

song-writer26 said...
I really liked it ! Good job!xD.Keep me posted when you finish whatever you're writing okay?(;

Jan. 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm :
Thanks! Alright!